Report what these people said or asked.
Kitty said: “I saw a real canoe.”
Sam said: “Did you see the mighty Mississippi?”
Margaret asked: “How many days will you spend travelling about Australia?”
The teacher said: “The earth moves round the sun.”
Mother said: “I want a glass of juice.”
Ted said: “The people voted for Bush as the president.”
Kate said: “My brother bought a bike in 2007.”
Use particle to in these sentences with Complex Object where necessary.
1. I'd like you _______ join in our game.
2. I have never heard anyone ________sing so well.
3. Did you notice Pauline ________buy a present for someone?
4. We don't expect them________ return before lunchtime.
5. He doesn't want me_______climb the hill, he thinks it's dangerous.
6. The children were made __________clean the classroom.
7. Do your parents let you _________ sit up late?
8. Why wasn't Anna allowed __________go to Kate's party?
9. Watch those children_________dance!
10. James felt someone _________touch his hand in the dark.
11. I want him ________come back at 5.
12. We expect the train _______arrive on time.
Complete the sentences by putting the right verb in: to give, to make, to look, to take.
1. "I would like you to __________ down carefully what I'm telling you," said the
professor. 2. The crossword is very difficult but I'm not going to __________ up. 3. I've
asked my aunt to __________ after my pet while I'm away. 4. Betty __________after her
granny. She is a workaholic. 5. I ask you to __________ these tapes back to the laboratory.
6. It is necessary to read the article attentively, just __________ it through. 7. I'd like a
vegetarian pizza, please. And I'm going to __________ it away. 8. Let's __________ it up
and never quarrel again.
Translate these sentences from Russia into English.
Оксфорд – старый английский университетский город.
Алисе хотелось бы, чтобы учителя были добрые.