Make me cry at night,
Make me walk in my sleep.
Books will never let down,
Books will never mislead,
When you make a new friend,
Ask him "What do you read?"
7. Развитие навыков чтения: (Ex. 5, p. 145)
Teacher: Read the poem one by one and answer the questions.
- Which books does Jane like? Why? (T-P)
- Which books does Jane dislike? Why? (T-P)
Find all the lines which say something good about books.
8. Расширение страноведческих знаний:
Teacher: What British writers and poets do you know? - There is a galaxy of British writers and poets.
They are W. Shakespeare, R. Burns, Ch. Bronte:
9. Развитие навыков диалогической речи: (Ex. 9, p. 146)
Role-play. A - Librarian. B - Reader.
- Hello. I would like to read something interesting. What would you recommend me?
- Hello. What books do you prefer?
- I like adventure stories, history books and romance.
- Have you read the book "Gone with the wind"?
- I haven't yet. Who is the author?
- So, this book was written by Margaret Mitchell.
- Where is the book set?
- All events are taking place in America.
- And who is the main characters?
- The main characters are Scarlett O'Hara, Rhett Butler.
- What happens to the characters?
- Scarlett's life is changed by the Civil War. Her mother dies, and her father is very ill. Scarlet learns to
work on the land looks after all her family and friends. Rhett Butler is Scarlet's friend. He is in love with
her, but she loves another man. This book is worth reading.
- All right. Thank you. I'll take it. Good bye.
- Good bye.
10. Подведение итогов урока