All the three children are pupils. Mike is at the boys’ school; his sisters are at
a school for girls. Mike is a tall boy. He is clever. He is a very good pupil.
Sandy has dark hair and brown eyes. She is a pretty girl, she is clever and a
good pupil. Her sister Kate is a nice girl with long fair hair and large blue eyes. She
is good at music.
The Greens are in Australia now. Mr. Green’s uncle is a farmer. His house
and farm in Australia are in a village. The Greens are in their uncle’s house now.
The house is big. It is on a hill. It is summer now. In Australia January,
February, March and April are summer months.
The school in the village is small. In fact, it is a one-room school. There is
only one teacher for all the pupils. The garden around the school is very beautiful.
The Greens are fond of the farm and the school in the village.
1. The Greens are an American family.______
2. There are three children in the family._______
3. Mike is smaller than Kate._______
4. Mike is not a short boy. _______
5. Sandy is not a good pupil. ______
6. Kate has got brown eyes. ______
7. Mr. Green’s uncle is a builder. _______
8. It is summer in Australia now.________
9. The Greens live in their grandma’s house in Australia. ______
10. There is no garden round the school. ______
Part 2. Vocabulary and grammar.
Задание В1. (базовый уровень - на 3)
Выбери правильный вариант
1. Bill … his homework in his room.
a. do b. does c. doing
2. Sue has got two … in her pencil case.
a. pens b. pen c. eraser
3. Hi, David. … are you from?
a. when b. who c. where
4. This is Carla’s car. It’s … car.
a. she’s b. her c. their
5. … you got new trainers on?
a. do b. are c. have