My pen’s run out of ink
My head’s just filled with sawdust
And with sawdust you can’t think.
The happiest days of your whole life!
(So all the grown-ups say)
But I would never go to school
If I could have my way!
- Do you agree that school is a very important thing for every student?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of school life?
- Were your parents happy at school?
- Are you happy at school?
3. Озвучивание видеосюжета.
Т: Some students have made a film for us. It’s a pity, they haven’t got enough time
to sound track it. Watch the video and tell your classmates about your school.
- Our school is neither old nor new. It is made of grey stone. It is a 3-storey
building situated in the centre of our town. This is our playground. Look! They are
playing football. Goal! That’s it.
- Now we are in the hall. There is a cloak-room on the left and the Head’s room on
the right. Our secretary. She helps the Head with documents. On the walls you can
see some interesting stands: Students’ Rules, Timetable, The Best Students of Our
- There are rooms for English and Mathematics on the ground floor. This is our
for boys where they learn how to work with different tools. Girls are cooking
dinner in this room. It looks very tasty.
- On the first floor one can see a library, a dining room and our gym. The workers
are painting walls in the gym. Great! Soon we’ll have Physical Training lessons
here. The Teachers’ Room is on the right. Our class teacher and Biology teacher
are discussing their problems. This is our Information Technology room. Now it
has 10 modern computers. And our History room is also well-equipped, isn’t it?
- If you go upstairs you may find yourselves on the second floor. Here we have
Biology, Russian, Maths and Chemistry. Our Biology and Chemistry classes are
very interesting because we learn a lot of new things and do experiments.
- Though my school isn’t a modern and well-equipped one, I like it. I like my
classmates and my teachers, I enjoy school life and friendship.
Т: Do you think your school is perfect? – Well, I can’t say it is a perfect one.
4. T: I hope there will be a perfect school in our town in ten years. Let’s design it
At first we should choose the place for our new school.
Учащиеся просматривают слайд-шоу и выбирают место для будущей школы.