Teacher: Children! I am going to give you the cards. Say which of them are
sports and which of them are games:
Skiing, skating, football, rugby, boxing, rowing, horseracing, basketball, golf,
running, high jumping, cricket, ice hockey, badminton, tennis, baseball.
4. Совершенствование навыков аудирования и говорения.
Teacher: Now listen to me very attentively and try to guess what sports and games
are described here. Then take a picture with a photo of this sport and tell us in a
few words about it.
1. The sport of moving through the water in a boat without sails( rowing)
2. the sport of going on horseback (horseracing)
3. a game played between two teams of eleven players (football)
4. an outdoor game, popular in Britain played in summer with a ball by two teams of
11 players each, usually dressed in white (cricket)
5. a game in which the players use rackets to hit a small object called a shuttlecock
over a high net(badminton)
6. a game for two people who use rackets, a small soft ball and a low net (tennis)
7. a game played by two teams of 6 players each that is played on an ice field ( ice
8. the sport of fighting with fists (boxing)
9. the sport of playing a type of football with an oval ball (rugby)
P1- Boxing (Boxing is one of the oldest British sports that existed in Saxon times).
P2- Tennis (Tennis is played by both men and women. Tennis was invented in
1872. Wimbledon is associated with a lawn tennis and the first championship at
Wimbledon was in 1877. Wimbledon championships are held every May in
P3- Ice hockey (this game is played by two teams of 6 players each on an ice
P4- Cricket (Cricket is the most popular English summer game. It has been played
since the beginning of the 18th century. It is played from May to September. The
game is very beautiful. You need a special field for that game).
P5- Horseracing (Some people say that horse racing is the king of sports in GB.
buy others call it the sport of the kings. Only rich people can afford going it for this
kind of sport).
P6- Rowing (Rowing is the most popular of all kinds of sport at the oldest English
universities. The University Boat Race is a traditional sport competition between
Oxford and Cambridge. It is held at the end of March on the river Thames).
P7- Badminton (Badminton is one of the most popular game played all over the
world. Badminton rules were invented in England).
P8-Football (Football is a winter game in Great Britain, because winters are never
cold. The Football Association Cup is considered the best prize a team can get, and
the Final Cup is the most important football event. It is played in May at Wembley
P9-Rugby (Rugby football is played by teams of 15 or 13 members. The ball is
oval, not round, and a player is allowed to take the ball in the hand and run with it.
Rugby is a violent game and it is a national sport in Wales).