Презентация "What would you like to see in the USA?"
Подписи к слайдам:
- What would you
- like to see in
Why travel to the USA?
- to visit
- new places
- to make
- new friends
- to practice
- to meet
- to watch
- to learn
- a new culture
- Reasons for
- going to
- the USA
- Natural Man-made Event
- attractions attractions attractions
- Niagara waterfalls
- Parade on Independence Day
- Statue of Liberty
The USA and its attractions
- Washington is the capital of the USA. It
- isn’t the largest city, but it is very
- beautiful and has many attractions. There
- is the Capitol and the White House there.
- In the Capitol the Congress works and in
- the White House the President lives.
- Tourists come here to watch the “Pencil”,
- Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial or
- to visit the National Air and Space Museum.
- The White House is an attraction, too.
N e w Y o r k
- There is no city quite
- like New York. It is
- known as The City
- That Never Sleeps.
- There are thousands
- of things to do and
- places to visit for
- tourists. The most
- famous landmarks
- must be The Statue
- of Liberty - a symbol
- of freedom and the
- Empire State Building.
Central park is the largest park of the USA. There are many attractions in this park.
- Central park is the largest park of the USA. There are many attractions in this park.
- Sports fans can watch and play baseball. You can relax in Central Park. There is Children’s Zoo there.
B o s t o n
- Boston is the oldest city of the USA. It is famous for its role in the War for Independence. Tourists can see many interesting things there. In the Public Garden one can go boating on a boat which has a shape of a swan. Every year Boston Marathon takes place in Boston. Many people take part in it.
L o s A n g e l e s
- Los Angeles is very big, noisy and famous all over the world because there is Hollywood. In Hollywood American films are made. And near Los Angeles there is wonderful fairy land called Disneyland. In Disneyland you can see the characters from Walt Disney’s films.
Natural attractions of the USA
- There are many natural wonders in the USA. The most widely known is Niagara Falls. It is an Indian word which means “roaring waters”. Other attractions are Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks, Grand Canyon, and the vast desert between Salt Lake City and Reno, Nevada.
- ART CAR EVENTS
- The oldest and largest festival takes place in Houston. Every spring, it attracts curious people from all over the world.
- After the parade, judges give out all sorts of awards and prizes: Best Classic car, Best Political Statement, Best Art Bicyclist, and many others.
- In South Dakota, USA, there is an interesting place to visit. It's a granite mountain. Four faces are carved on the mountain. They are the faces of four famous presidents. The presidents are Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson and Roosevelt. These gigantic heads are eighteen meters high. They are carved out of the granite of the mountain and are visible for over eighty kilometers. The monument is now an important place of interest which is visited by thousands every year. The name of this place is Mount Rushmore.
- There are many children’s attractions in the USA. The most famous are Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida. There is also Island of Adventures in Orlando.
Did you like our trip to the USA?
- Did you like our trip to the USA?
- Would you like to go there?
- What would you like to see in the USA?
- Why would you like to see it?
- 1. Disneyland and Hollywood are situated in:
- A) Boston B) Washington
- C) Los Angeles
- 2. The city that never sleeps:
- A) Boston
- B) Orlando
- C) New York
- 3. Niagara Falls are:
- A) Natural attraction
- B) Event attraction
- C) Man-made attraction
- 4. The oldest city of the USA is:
- A) Washington
- B) Orlando
- C) Boston
- 5. Mount Rushmore is famous:
- A) because it is small
- B) because it is big
- C) for the sculpture of four American presidents
- 6. The largest park of the USA is:
- A) Central Park
- B) Hyde Park
- C) Royal Park
- 7. The Statue of Liberty is situated in:
- A) Florida
- B) New York
- C) Washington