to visit them with a big bag of toys. They often hang up large
stockings to receive the presents. Children especially wait for this
merry holiday. All families gather together for dinner. They eat
chicken, turkey, duck, goose and pudding, pies for the sweet. (It’s
- The British celebrate this day on the 14
of February. It is not a
legal or national holiday. Banks and offices do not close, but it is a
happy little festival, especially for children and young people. It is
celebrated among persons of all ages. The day is a time to send
little gifts to those you love. Flowers and candy are favourite
presents which sweethearts send each other. The greeting cards are
often coloured, have red trimmings and pictures of hearts. It is a
favourite day for parties, especially by young people. The hosts
trim the hall with red and white paper streamers and hearts.
- This holiday comes on a Sunday between March and April. Just
before it the schools and colleges usually close. The students have
a week or ten days of spring vacation. It is a church holiday. It
marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring. At this
holiday people buy new clothes to wear on Sunday. Another
custom is decorating eggs for children. Little children believe the
rabbit comes and leaves the eggs for them. Eggs are the symbol of
new life. (Easter)
5. Защита проектов:
- проект по теме Рождество (1 ученик)
- проект по теме День Святого Валентина (1 ученик)
- проект по теме Пасха (1 ученик)
Учащиеся задают вопросы:
- Do you like your project?
- What do you like most? Why? Etc.
6. Диалог по теме: (между русским и английским школьником)
- What is your favorite holiday?
- I have got a lot of favorite holidays but the most favorite one is
New Year’s Day.
- It is so because on this day everything is fairy-tale-like. I think all
Russian children like this holiday and wait for it very much! And
what about you? Is this holiday a favorite one in Britain too?
- Oh, no. The most favorite holiday for British people is Christmas.
We decorate trees and houses, hang stockings and sing carols. In
the evening we usually have Christmas dinner. But the most
remarkable event is the presents Santa Claus brings to us! It’s so