Презентация "INTERACTIVE READING"
Подписи к слайдам:
- “A Glass of Milk”
Kindness is …
- Can you continue this sentence?
- What is kindness associated for you with?
Vocabulary work Match the words and phrases to get word combinations from the text:
- Give attention
- Faith in
- to the case
- the young lady
- the bill for approval
- rare disease
- the office manager
- Recognize the young lady
- Study the rare disease
- Request the office manager
- Pass the bill for approval
- Owe nothing
- Give attention to the case
- Faith in mankind
- One day a college student, selling goods door-to-door to pay for his education, realized that he had only ten cents left in his pockets. He was hungry and so he decided to ask for some food at the next house that he came to.
- But he lost his hunger when a beautiful young girl opened the door…
- What has happened then?
- Instead of meal he asked for a glass of water.
- The young girl saw that the boy was very poor, hungry and brought him a large glass of milk. He drank it very slowly and then asked:”How much do I owe you?”
- “You don’t owe me anything” - the girl replied
- My mother taught me never to accept the pay for doing someone kindness
- “Then I thank you from my heart” – he answered
- As Howard Kelly left that house, he felt stronger physically, and his faith in mankind was strengthened too.
- A few years later he became a doctor.
- Years later the young lady fell critically ill. Local doctors could do nothing for her. Finally she was sent to a big city, the experienced specialists were called to study her rare disease.
- Dr. Howard Kelly was asked for the consultations. When he heard the name of the town, the patient came from, a strange light filled his eyes. He went down the hall of the hospital to see…
- ...and recognized the young lady at once.
- He went back to the consultation room determined to do his best to save her life. From that day he gave special attention to the case.
- After a long struggle the battle was won and the patient recovered.
- Dr. Kelly requested the office manager to pass the final bill for approval. Doctor looked at it, then…
- wrote something on the bottom and the bill was sent to the lady.
- She feared to look at it, for she was sure, it would take the rest of her life to pay the bill off.
- Finally, she looked at it, and some words on the bottom of the bill took her attention.
- What was written on the bottom of the bill ?
- “Paid in full with one glass of milk.”
- Dr. Howard Kelly.
- Tears of joy flooded her eyes and her heart.
What is the moral of the story?
Read and choose the best proverb as a title for the text:
- A word of kindness is better then a fat pie.
- Kindness is never wasted.
- Kindness is a language, which the blind can see and the deaf can hear.
- One kindness is the price of another.
- The greatest wisdom of all is kindness.
Материалы из категории:
- Презентация "Приём гостей. Формирование грамматических навыков построения специальных вопросов в Present Simple"
- Технологическая карта учебного занятия по английскому языку в 4 классе "Расскажи о своих родственниках"
- Конспект урока «Анкета ученика» 3 класс
- Презентация "BABY ELEPHANT AND HIS NEW THINGS" 4 класс
- Презентация "Открытка для друга" 3 класс
- Презентация "Журнал мод для телезвёзд" 4 класс