1.SIMPLE PAST OR PRESENT PERFECT?
Choose which verb tense (simple past or present perfect) fits better.
1. I ________ volleyball in several months.
a) haven't played b) didn't play
2. I ________ you at the party last night. a) haven't seen b) didn't see
3. Jack's sister ________ her friend in London last year.
a) has visited b) visited
4. I ________ in a small town in Italy. a) have been born b) was born
5. You ________ her, have you? a) haven't told b) didn't tell
6. You ________ her, did you? a) haven't told b) didn't tell
7. I ________ in Los Angeles for five years (and I still live there).
a) have lived b) lived
8. I ________ in Los Angeles for five years (but I no longer live there).
a) have lived b) lived
9. My girlfriend and I ________ three times last week.
a) have gone out b) went out
10. I ________ to work every day this week. a) have walked b) walked
2.Present Perfect verb tense (Part 1)Change each sentence into the present perfect tense.
EX: "I am playing baseball --> I have played baseball"
1. I am speaking to you. I have ____________ to you.
2. That man is driving a car. That man has ____________ a car.
3. My friend is sleeping. My friend has ____________ .
4. She is in Prague. She has ____________ in Prague.
5. They are arguing about money. They have ____________ money.
6. They are taking a test. They have ____________ a test.
7. She is eating. She has ____________.
8. I am listening to music. I have ____________ to music.
9. The musician is playing a song. The musician has ____________ a song.
10. She is flying to Berlin. She has ____________ to Berlin.
3.Present Perfect verb tense (Part 2)
Change each sentence into the present perfect tense.EX: "I played baseball - I have played baseball"
1. I ate vegetables. I have ____________ vegetables.
2. I came. I have____________ .
3. My cousins sold their car. They have ____________ their car.
4. I told a story. I have ____________ a story.
5. They saw my friend. They have ____________ my friend.
6. We cleaned our room. We have ____________ our room.
7. I flew to Mexico City. I have ____________ to Mexico City.
8. I thought about going on vacation. I have ____________ about going on vacation.
9. I spoke to Mary about you. I have____________ to Mary about you.
10. She chose the blue pants. She has ____________ the blue pants.