Present Simple and Present Continuous:
I. Correct the mistakes:
1) He go to school every day.
2) She are listening to the radio now.
3) Do he like swimming?
4) I is a student.
5) She live in Moscow.
6) Kate is swim in the swimming pool.
7) It are snowing.
8) Does you like to read books?
II. Choose the correct variant:
1.On Mondays her children never … in time. Therefore they are often late for classes.
a) wakes up b) wake up c) waking up
2. We seldom … our grandparents. We are too busy to do it.
a) visiting b) are visiting c) visit
3. I … on the phone with my friend at the moment! Don’t disturb me!
a) am talking b) talk c) talks
4. He … now
a) works b) is not working now c) work
5. He often … alcohol.
a) drinking b) drinks c) is drinking
6. Is he … it?
a) understanding b) understand c) understands
III. Present Continuous/Present Simple:
1. I (not to drink) coffee now. I (to write) an English exercise. 2. I (not to drink) coffee in the
evening. 3. Your friend (to do) his homework now? 4. Your friend (to go) to school in the
morning? 5. Look! The baby (to sleep). 6. The baby always (to sleep) after dinner. 7. My
grandmother (not to work). 8. My father (not to sleep) now. He (to work) in the garden. 9. I
usually (to get) up at seven o'clock in the morning. 10. What your sister (to do) now? - She (to
wash) her face and hands. 11. When you usually (to come) home from school? — I (to come) at
IV. Make questions:
1. Lisa often plays darts on Saturdays. (What game?)
2. Derek is riding a horse at the moment. (When?)