Презентация "The degrees of comparison of adjectives" 7 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- Checking up the homework – 48 points
- Ex 9. Divide the adjectives into 3 categories:
- Attractive, slim, tall, poor, boring, attentive, serious, stern, educated, stupid, ugly, pleasant, fragile, short, gloomy, shy, independent, progressive, clever, lazy, careless, famous, cheerful, polite, noble, mysterious, brave, free, greedy, strong, honest, dull, bouncy, fat, great, lovely, lonely, curious, wise, slow, modest, young, thin, tidy, smart, wicked, sad, firm
- adjectives describing person’s appearance
- adjectives describing person’s character
- adjectives describing other qualities
- 1. Односложные прилагательные
- 2. Двусложные прилагательные на: 1) -у
- 2) -ow
- 3) -le
- 3.Двусложные прилагательные с ударением на втором слоге
- 4. Трехсложные прилагательные с приставкой un-
- 1.Bce остальные двусложные прилагательные
- 2. Многосложные прилагательные (три и более слогов)
- more terrible
- more comfortable
- most terrible
- most comfortable
- Speech – drill exercises
- Exercise 1. Fill in the blanks with the correct comparative and superlative degrees of following adjectives
- hard _____________ ______________
- cold _____________ ______________
- soft _____________ ______________
- tall _____________ ______________
- rich _____________ ______________
- mad _____________ ______________
- funny _____________ ______________
- big _____________ ______________
- sad _____________ ______________
- busy _____________ ______________
- noisy _____________ ______________
- 11 points
- Exercise 2. Fill in the blanks with the correct comparative and superlative degrees of following adjectives –
- foolish _____________ ______________
- harmful _____________ ______________
- poisonous_____________ ______________
- valuable _____________ ______________
- difficult _____________ ______________
- generous _____________ ______________
- 6 points
- Exercise 3. Complete the sentences
- A. Write the comparative form of the adjectives
- 1) Ann is ___________ (happy) than her sister.
- 2) My hair is ______________ (long) than my sister’s hair.
- 3) These exams are getting ___________ (bad) and ___________ (bad) every year.
- 4) John is ____________ (thin) than Bob.
- 5) Steve is _____________ (happy) today than he was yesterday.
- 6) Mary’s car is ____________ (large) than Mark’s car.
- 6 points
- B. Write the superlative form of the adjective:
- 1) I am _____________ (tall) in the class.
- 2) This is _______________ (expensive) hotel I’ve ever stayed in.
- 3) This road is ______________ (narrow) of all the roads in California.
- 4) New York is one of the ______________ (busy) cities in the USA.
- 5) Jack is _____________ (good) football player in the team.
- 6) North Pole is _______________ (cold) place on Earth.
- 7) My father is ______________ (generous) of all the people I know. 7 points
- C. Insert comparative or superlative form of the adjective:
- 1) I think John is _____________ (happy) now than the year ago.
- 2) His _______________ (big) desire is to return home.
- 3) She is probably ________________ (angry) person I know.
- 4) Today’s weather is ____________ (bad) than the yesterday’s.
- 5) My brother is ___________ (young) than me.
- 6) He drove _________ (fast) and __________ (fast) till we told him to stop.
- 7) ______________ (many) people want to be rich
- 7 points
- (cheap) Samsung is cheaper than Nokia.
- (expensive) Nokia is ___________________________ Sony Ericsson.
- (good) The camera in Samsung is _______________________ the camera in Sony Ericsson.
- (bad)The camera in Sony Ericsson is __________________________ the camera in Nokia.
- (many) There are ________________ memory in Nokia ____ in Samsung.
- (little) (memory) _______________________________________________________.
- (big) The display in __________________________________________________________.
- Name: Nokia 5800
- Price: $ 278
- Camera: 3.15 Megapixels
- Memory: 81 Mb
- Display: 640x360
- Functions: MP3 player, radio, JAVA -games, Bluetooth, wi-fi, GPS.
- Weight: 109 g
- Year: 2008
- Name: Samsung Star S5230 noble black
- Price: $149
- Camera:3.2 Megapixels
- Memory: 50 Mb
- Display: 240x400
- Functions: MP3 player,radio,Bluetooth.
- Weight: 92 g
- Year: 2009
- Name: Sony Ericsson W205 Black
- Price: $86
- Camera: 1.3 Megapixels
- Memory: 5 Mb
- Display: 128x160
- Functions: radio, games, MP3 player, Bluetooth.
- Weight: 96 g
- Year: 2007
- 1.Alice is the (YOUNG).
- 2.Homer is the (OLD).
- 3.Bob is (YOUNG) than Homer.
- 4.Homer is (OLD) than Alice.
- 5.Alice is (SLIM) than Bob.
- 6.Bob is (SHORT) than Homer.
- 7.Homer is (FAT) than Bob.
- 8.Alice is (SHORT) than Homer.
- 9.Homer can play the guitar (GOOD) than Alice.
- 10.Alice draws (BAD) than Bob.
- Ex 5. Read the poem, learn it and find in the poem adjectives
- Just for You
- I picked the reddest apple from the tree
- It was the finest one that I could see
- I saved it all except a bite or two
- Just for you.
- I carried home the groceries from the store
- I wanted to be helpful with a chore
- I put them all away except a few
- Just for you.
- Some day I'll be grown up too
- And if I can I'll grow up just like you
- I ate up all my lunch just like you said
- But I think there was a little too much bread
- And so I left the crust when I was through
- Just for you.
- 5 points
- Task 6. “The day of independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (essay) – 10 points
- Test 10 points
- 1. It’s ………………… (difficult) rule of all.
- difficult b. more difficult
- c. the most difficult d. difficulter
- 2. This pen writes …………. (good) than my previous one.
- a. better b. gooder c. good d. the goodest
- 3. This athlete is ……………. (strong) than this competitor.
- strong b. the strongest
- c. more strong d. stronger
- 4. This pupil is ……………. (clever) in the class.
- clever b. more clever
- c. the cleverest d. the most clever
- 5. This is ……………….. (old) castle in Britain.
- a. the oldest b. the eldest c. an old d. older
- Task 7. Complete the sentences
- 1. The town is just as_________(large) as my native one.
- 2. The road was __________long) than we had expected.
- 3. The girl is very ______________(intelligent).
- 4. As soon as they understood that the second book was ________________ (boring) than the first one, they changed their mind.
- 5. The shop is _______________(far) than the school.
- 6. Ventspils is _________(far) town in Latvia I have been to.
- 7. Tim is _______________(intelligent) than Pat.
- 8. The heat is less _____________ (harmful) than the cold.
- 9. This song is _________________(beautiful) one in the world!
- 10. They are as ______________ (stubborn) as donkeys!
- 6. Health is ……………….. (important) than money.
- important b. importanter
- c. more important d. the most important
- 7. This path is ……………. ( narrow) than the parallel one.
- a. a narrow b. narrower c. the narrowest d. more narrow
- 8. Luxurious hotels are …………….. (expensive) than those of economic class.
- a. more expensive b. an expensive
- c. the most expensive d. expensiver
- 9. The second part of the film is ………………. (boring) than the first one.
- a boring b. boringer
- c. the most boring d. more boring
- 10. This highway is ……….. (wide) than that highway.
- wider b. the widest c. more wide d. the most wide 10 points
- Correct answers
- 1. c
- 2. a
- 3. d
- 4. c
- 5. a
- 6. c
- 7. b
- 8. a
- 9. d
- 10. a
- Ex14 on page 108
- Evaluation of the pupils.
- 95 – 105 points – “5”
- 85 – 94 points – “4”
- 75 – 84 points – “3”
- Использованная литература
- 1. English VII, О.В. Афанасьева, И. В. Михеева – Москва, «Просвещение», 2009 г
- 2. Dixon, R. M. W. (1999). Adjectives. In K. Brown & T. Miller (Eds.), Concise encyclopedia of grammatical categories (pp. 1-8). Amsterdam: Elsevier. ISBN 0-08-043164-X.
- 3. http://madrasati2010.bravehost.com/
- 4. http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/
Copyright © 2013-2018 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: email@example.com