My week at the beginning of May is very busy. I am going to visit a dentist on the
fourth of May. I shall go there at three p.m. I always visit the dentist before summer
holidays though I am much afraid of dentist.
On the sixth of May I am going to John’s birthday party. John is my cousin. We are
The party starts at twelve thirty. I think we’ll have much fun. I have already bought
him a present. It’s a car model. John has got a large collection of car models. It’s his
On Friday I am going to the theatre with Mary to see a new play by a famous
playwright. Mary has bought three tickets. Her sister Sue is coming with us. The
performance starts at half past six in the evening. I hope we shall enjoy the party. I like
going to the theatres and visit them at least once a month.
On Saturdays I usually visit ma sister’s family. They live at 44 Green Street. But on
the eighth of May I shall stay at home because my sister is coming to see me.
III. Put the right word.
1. Ann plays the piano ____ . She is a ___ girl . (nice, nicely)
2. The weather is ______ . They met us ___ . (warm, warmly)
3. He goes to school ___ . He has ______ trainings. (regular, regularly)
4. “Gone with the Wind” is an ___ film. The actors played ___ . (excellent,
5. He could ____ work. He worked ___ . (hard, hardly)
IV. Write the comparative and superlative.
Образец: old – older – the oldest
Strong, brave, large, happy, funny, pretty, fat, sad, difficult, bad, well, comfortable
V. Choose the correct answer.
1. Clare dances ___ than Sue. (better, well, the best)
2. Mark is as _____ as George. (taller, tall, the tallest)