Questions for the second team:
1. Who guarantees the basic rights of people? (the President)
2. What American river is called “the father of waters”? (the Mississippi )
3. When was the Russian Federation founded? ( 1991)
4. What branch of power does the Government of Russia represent?
5. Who invented the telegraph in 1837? (Morse)
6. Who is the composer of “Ruslan and Ludmila”? (M.I.Glinka)
7. Name the director of Russian films “Sibiriada” and “Uncle Vanya”?
8. Name a heavy, expensive American motorcycle ( Harley-Davidson)
3. Round 2 “Projects”
T: We’ve known some interesting facts about Russia and the USA. Now
we’d like you to give us more information about these countries. At home
you’ve prepared the projects named “I am Russia” and “I am the USA”.
Please, present them. (Maximum score is 5 points). (Каждая команда
подготовила проект, в котором сама страна как будто рассказывает о
себе. Учащиеся должны были использовать в проекте наглядный
4. Round 3 “Lawyers”
T: Now you’ll be lawyers. You have to advocate your country. Please, point
positive aspects of your country and negative ones of your opponents’
country. The team that will name as many aspects as possible will win. (3
F.ex.: Russia covers the territory of 17 million square kilometres.
5. Round 4 “Geography”
T: Let’s check how you know the maps of your countries. You’ll get some
cards with the names of different cities. Put them as they are on the map from
west to east. You have 3 minutes. (2 points)
Vologda, Perm, Kemerovo, Chita, Kazan, Smolensk, Surgut
Dallas, New-York, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Los-Angeles, San-
6.T: Today we have known many interesting and useful facts about Russia
and the USA. We can see that each country has some advantages and
disadvantages. Which country would you choose for living if you had that