1. ОРГАНИЗАЦИОННЫЙ МОМЕНТ.
- Today we are going to have a group work. Choose your place and take a seat.
- What are we going to do today at our English lesson? ( We are going to listen, speak, read and write in
And we are going to make a revision. Today we shall have a big talk about English as a world
language, about English-speaking countries, about reasons for learning English and methods of
2. WARM UP. Речевая зарядка.
Now I want you to answer the questions. Be active and I hope you all give the right answers.
1) What languages do you speak?
2) How can you describe the Russians? ( I believe they are hospitable, kind, friendly, hard-
3) Australians speak French, don't they?
4) Can you name English-speaking countries?
5) How can you describe the British? ( I think they are conservative, reserved and responsible)
6) Canadians speak German, don't they?
7) What are the most frequently languages in the world? ( Chinese, English, Hindi, Spanish,
8) Is it important to learn English nowadays?Why? (...it's popular)
9) What languages are most often spoken at international summit meetings? (English, French,
10) Why is English called the language of the sky and the sea? (every pilot and ship captain must
11) English is the only solution to communication problems of the people in India. Why? (There
are 15 official languages and thousands dialects. People don't speak others language).
12) Who speaks global English? (People of other nationalities).
3. АКТИВИЗАЦИЯ ИЗУЧЕННОГО МАТЕРИАЛА.
Now I'll give you some uncompleted sentences. Complete them and read. (Read them with completed
Let's look at the map and find twelve countries where English is spoken as the first language. Name
these countries. ( the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Bahamas,