ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT & PROBLEMS
I. Warm up
- We spent the previous lessons talking about useful high tech gadgets.
- Today, I’ve got some questions for you to answer
• What kinds of useful machines do you own?
• Do you use them every day?
• Do you think technology helps us?
• Do you think technology just causes problems?
• Do the gadgets improve your life?
II. Homework check
Today, perhaps, we could begin with your homework on vocabulary.
- so will you please read the sentences (SB 165-2) & say which of the gadgets you
are more likely to use at home or at work (SB 165-3)
- Well done!
III. Presentation (BOARD)
- Now have a look at the board.
- Phone battery is dead
- No Internet connection
- The signal is poor
- The paper is jammed
- Judging by these expressions, could you tell me, what we are going to deal with at
today’s lesson? (problems with electronic equipment)
- Now have a look at the pictures on p 142, ex 1
- The owners of these clever machines can come across some problems while using them.
- There’s a list of problems in ex 1. Could you match them with the objects?
- This time you are to think of any electronic equipment you or your family have had
problems with. Would you tell us what the problem was & how you solved it?