Упр. 1. Переведите на русский язык.
1. Mike can run very fast.
2. They can understand French.
3. Kate can speak English well.
4. My brother can come and help you in the garden.
5. Can you speak Spanish?
6. Can your brother help me with mathematics?
7. May I invite Nick to our house?
8. You may go now.
9. If you have done your homework, you may go for a walk.
10. Don’t go to the wood alone: you may lose your way.
11. It stopped raining, and mother told us that we might go out.
12. May children play with scissors?
Упр. 2. Вставьте модальные глаголы may, must или need.
1. ... we hand in our compositions tomorrow? — No, you ... not, you ... hand them
in after Sunday.
2. ... John really do this today? — No, he ... not, he ... do it tomorrow if he likes.
3. You ... not let this cup fall: it ... break.
4. ... I help you with your coat on?
Упр. 3. Вставьте модальные глаголы can, may, must или need.Переведите.
1. I ... not go out today: it is too cold.
2. ... I take your pen? — Yes, please.
3. We ... not carry the bookcase upstairs: it is too heavy.
4. We ... not carry the bookcase upstairs ourselves: the workers will come and do it.
5. When ... you come to see us? — I ... come only on Sunday.
6. Shall I write a letter to him? — No, you ... not, it is not necessary.