I. Translate the sentences into Russian.
1. We insisted that we should go to the Black Sea.
2. If I had been to London, I would have visited the Tower.
3. I would have told you everything if you had not been away on business.
4. If this book were not interesting, it wouldn’t have been so popular.
5. If the weather is lovely, we’ll go for a walk.
6. If he had come a minute later, he would have missed the train.
II. Answer the questions:
1. Where would you like to go if it were holidays now?
2. Would you recognize your friend if you hadn’t seen him for ten years?
3. What film would you have seen if you had gone to the cinema yesterday?
4. If you had a lot of things with you, would you go by bus or take a taxi?
5. What school would you like to have?
III. Fill in the necessary form of the verb:
1. If the water…to 100 degrees C, it… .
a. will be heated d. would boil
b. would be heated e. boils
c. is heated f. will boil
2. If pigs… wings, they … fly.
a. had d. will fly
b. have e. fly
c. would have f. would fly
3. I… the same if I… in your place.
a. would do d. am
b. will do e. were
c. would have done f. will be
4. If I… her, I… to her. But I didn’t see her.
a. saw d. would have spoken
b. had seen e. spoke
c. would have seen f. would speak
5. Hurry up! We…good seats if we… late.
a. don’t get d. arrived
b. won’t get e.will arrive
c. didn’t get f. arrive
6. If I… that you were coming, I… you at the airport.
a. had known d. would meet
b. knew e. would have met
c. would have known f. will meet
7. If Columbus… travelling so much, he … America in 1492.
a. hadn’t loved d. hadn’t discovered
b. wouldn’t have loved e. didn’t discover
c. loved f. wouldn’t have discovered