To be badly injured
Seven people were injured when the car hit the bus.
To rescue a person
To come to someone’s rescue
To serve in the army
At one’s service
A brief talk
We had a brief holiday last year.
What cathedrals do you know in London?
He speaks fluent English.
The boy can speak two languages fluently.
Развитие навыков взаимоконтроля/ Закрепление лексики
- Work in pairs. Read the text and complete the sentences with the words.
Текст «Would you like to visit Wales?” WB стр.62, упр.4
- Make up words (составляют слова из букв/анаграммы)(проверяют друг друга)
Ervices – service
Efierb – brief
Ulfent – fluent
- Guess the meaning of the words and translate the sentences with these words(догадаться о
значении производных слов/ слайд 8)
To enter – an entrance
Fluent – fluency
To serve - a servant
Brief – briefly
A stream – to stream
Agriculture – an agriculturalist
A climber – a climb
A path – pathless
1.Excuse me, where is the entrance to the cinema?
2. She could speak German with great fluency.
3. A servant is a person who works in another person’s house, cooking, cleaning.
4. They discussed their holidays briefly.
5. She was crying and tears were streaming down her cheeks.
5. Совершенствование грамматических навыков. Complex Object
- повторение правила (слайд 9, 10)
Subject + would like + to do
I would like you to read this book.
Let + do
Let him go to the cinema.
- Complete the situations saying you would like other people to do the things you don’t want to do
and specify them.
Example: I don’t want to speak to Mr. Winston. I want…
I don’t want to speak to Mr. Winston. I want my granny to speak to him. I want her to speak to Mr.
Winston on Monday.
1. I wouldn’t like to enter this college. I would like…
2. I don’t expect you to finish the job. I expect…