Урок английского языка для 8 класса по УМК «English 3» под ред. В.П. Кузовлева
Урок разработан учителем английского языка МОУ СОШ №46 г. Белгорода Гончаровой Натальей Александровной
NEW WORDS TO REMEMBER
to be short of money
to get cross with smbd
in favour of …
Repeat it after me, please…
Every country has its customs.
There is no place like home.
The wider we roam the welcomer home.
East or West, home is best.
1. I prefer to live in an English family in London.
2. My brother wishes to be a guide and travel a lot.
3. The children prefer to go to the country.
4. He wishes to see as many places as possible for two weeks.
5. I want to attend English-speaking courses.
6. Jane prefers to go by plane.
Transform the sentences using would + Infinitive
There is a saying about travelling. Let’s read and translate it.
Do you share this opinion?
Adventure is necessary for us all.
It keeps people from growing stale and old;
it develops our imagination,
it gives us movement and change which are necessary to our life.
Why travel to the UK?
to know customs
to meet people
to visit new places
to practice English
to learn more about it’s culture
to enjoy sights
to take part
in the festivals
to learn more about the Royal Family
What is more pros or cons going abroad? Divide expressions into two groups.