Презентация "The end of an age" 7-9 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
THE END OF AN AGE
Social and Economic Improvements
Between 1875 and 1914 the conditions of the poor in Britain greatly improved because prices fell by 40 per cent and real wages doubled.
Public education was given attention to. In 1870 and 1891 two Education Acts
In the new industrial cities they started building redbrick universities: Cambridge and Oxford. These new universities taught more science and technology to meet the demands of British industry.
There were social changes as well. Power in the countryside gradually moved from the country squire to new county councils which were made up of elected men and women.
By the end of the 19th century two kinds of sports , cricket and football, had become very popular with the British public.
Still improvements were slow, and 30 per cent of the nation were extremely poor.The great writer Charles Dickens attacked the rich and powerful for their cruelty towards the weak and unfortunate in society.
By the end of the 19 century Britain was no longer as powerful as it had been. In EUROPE Germany was now united and very strong .Like the USA it was producing more steel than Britain, and it had built strong industry and a strong navy.
Why did the conditions of the poor improve between 1875 and 1914.
What was the political situation in EUROPE at the beginning of the 20th century.
Материалы из категории:
- Презентация "Trouble in the colonies" 7-9 класс
- Технологическая карта урока "You must go to the doctor" 4 класс
- Календарно-тематическое поурочное планирование УМК “English-6” (серия УМК 2-11)
- КТП по английскому языку 2 класс по учебнику М.З. Биболетовой
- Презентация по английскому языку "Моя семья " 2 класса УМК М.З. Биболетовой
- Конспект урока по английскому языку "Моя семья " 2 класса УМК М.З. Биболетовой