PARTS AND WHOLES.
contest is called “Parts and wholes”. I’ll give you cards with two columns. You
should combine these parts so as to get a popular name. Three pupils, who will make this task
first and right, can get 4 points.
1. Mickey a) Claus
2. Mary b) Duck
3. Robinson c) Pooh
4. Peter d) Mouse
5. Donald e) Poppins
6. Winny-the- f) Crusoe
7. Santa g) Pan
PROBERS AND SAYINGS.
Our next contest is called “Proverbs and sayings”. Look at the blackboard please. You
see a list of words. You should rearrange the words so as to make up a proverb. You have 3
minutes just to think. You can get 5 points for the answer.
1. I, Kazakhstan, from, come. (I come from Kazakhstan).
2. Heads, are, one, than, two, better. (Two heads are better than one).
3. Home, East, is, West, best. (East or West home is best).
DO YOU KNOW ENGLAND?
Now let’s turn to the second part of our contest, which is called “Welcome to England”.
Now I’ll read your some questions and answers, concerning England and you should choose the
right variant. You can get one point for the right answer.
1. The capital of England is a) London b) Paris c) Moscow.
2. London stands a) the Volga b) the Mississippi c) the Thames.
3. The symbol of England is a) a red rose b) a tulip c) a daffodil.
4. The English flag is a) blue and white b) red and green c) red and white.
5. The traditional Christmas meal in England is a) roast turkey b) fish and chips c)
6. The largest clock in Great Britain is a) London Eye b) Big Ben c) the Tower
Now, the last task for today. Tell me please, what sights of London do you know?
(Учащиеся называют достопримечательности, учитель записывает на доске). Very good,
and now let’s match these names of sights with the illustrations. (Учитель раздает учащимся