Good morning, dear pupils. How are you today? Sit down, please! What is the date today? Who is absent
Before we start our lesson I propose to relax and play. Look at the blackboard. This is a tongue twister. Read
it, please! What words are new for you? (The moth with a wreath drank broth before taking a bath) Who can
read this tongue twister very fast? Letꞌs train! Who is the fastest reader in our class?
3. Речевая зарядка .
We have already spoken about space. Now we will speak about our planet – the Earth.
And you, what do you know about the Earth?
- How many continents are there on the Earth?
- What is the biggest continent in the world?
- What is the smallest continent in the world?
- What is the hottest continent on our planet?
- How many oceans are there on our planet?
- What is the most beautiful place on the Earth in your opinion?
4. Определение цели урока.
So, the Earth is a beautiful place to live on. We can see wonderful landscapes (slide 2), we can climb
mountains, swim in rivers, lakes and seas, lie on the beach.
But do you agree that our planet is a dangerous place?.
The Earth is a dangerous place to live on (отвечают). Why do you think so?
There are a lot of different kinds of disasters on the Earth. What will we speak about today? – About natural
5. Введение новой лексики.
Write down the new words in your copy-books: natural disasters, a terrible disaster, a disaster area, disastrous,
earthquake, hurricane, tornado, volcano, flood, and drought.
Let’s listen to the tape and repeat the words. (ex. 76 p.23)
6. Первичное усвоение новых знаний
Name the disaster looking at the pictures. (slides 5-10)
7. Первичное закрепление
1) Open your books at page 23. Let’s do exercise 77. (slides 11-16)
2) Take your workbooks and open them at page 17 exercise 1. Let’s do the crossword. (slide 17)
3) How do you think what is the most terrible disaster in the world? Учащиеся отвечают.
4) Аудирование (ex. 78 p.23). Слушаем текст и заполняем таблицу.