1. Введение. Приветствие учителя и объявление темы урока.
Good morning students! Good morning, colleagues! I am glad to see all of you
today and happy to start our lesson.
The theme of our lesson is “ RIGHTS”. What do you know about rights?
(студенты вспоминают лексику по теме).
2. Have you heard of the organization the United Nations? Where is it
situated? Let’s read the text and find out what it is about.
Работа с новой лексикой из текста:
Try to guess the meaning of these words: create for, security, sign,
permanent, membership, justice.
The United Nations is an international organisation of countries. It was created for
• There should be peace and security in the world after the Second World War.
• Countries should be friendly to each other.
• Countries should help each other solve problems.
• Human rights should be respected everywhere in the world.
After the Second World War the allied countries got together to discuss in which
ways such an organization could be created. In 1945 50 countries got together in
San Francisco and signed an agreement that created the United Nations. The
United States invited the new UN to set up its headquarters in New York. The
building was finished in 1952 and has been the permanent seat of the UN until
Membership is open to all peace - loving nations. Today there are about 200
countries in the UN - only very few have not become members.
The main parts of the UN
There are 5 main parts in this organization: