Презентация "Youth culture" 9 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
Complete this chart
True, False or not stated…
1. In the 1960s and 1970s a hippy was a person who opposed the normal standards of society.
2. Most British pubs shut at 12:00 p.m.
3. Hippies usually took place in empty buildings and dance all night.
4. Goth subculture appeared in the 1980s.
5. Punk rock tried to shock people.
6. Ravers wore casual clothes, comfortable to dance.
7. Hippy subculture is not popular nowadays.
8. Hippies were talking about hate, punks were full of peace and love.
9. Hippies were also called flower children.
10. Punks thought normal pop music was boring.
11. Goths wear extreme black clothing, have very black hair, white pale skin and body piercing.
12. Ravers chose clothes that their parents hated.
13. Raves became linked with drugs.
14. To love people means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves.
15. Nowadays there is some tension between punks.
I believe there are some mistakes in the descriptions of the subcultures. Find and correct these mistakes.
- 1. The music of punks is romantic. 2. Ravers thought normal pop music boring 3. Hippies often had brightly coloured spiked hair. 4. Ravers believed in peace. 5. Punks wore casual clothes.
6. The police often tried to stop hippies.
7. In the mid 1990s, times were hard.
When something very special happens
- When something very special happens
- Very loud
- Very smart
- To like something or someone a lot
- Not special
- No more room inside
Try to guess
In my opinion…
- In my opinion…
- I think…
- I suppose that…
- I’m sure that…
- I do feel that…
- There is no doubt that….
Use the names of subcultures instead of pronouns
- He wears a leather jacket and a cowboy hat.