Презентация "Что мы знаем об Америке?" 6 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
Christopher ColumbusColumbus thought he was near India, so he called people Indians. By accident, he discovered a New World. The USA is washed by …… In the north the USA borders on …and in the south - on …. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA The White House
- The Game“Star Hour”
- 1) There are……states in the US.
- A 19 b 23 c 50 d 48
- 2) The greatest river in the USA is the………
- A Amazon River b Colorado c Mississippi d Missouri
- 3) About ……..million people live in the US
- A 300 b 250 c 450 d150
- 4) The US sometimes called the………
- A “Old World” b” New World” c “Young World” d “Wild World”
- 5) The Congress is divided into two parts the House of Representatives and the….
- A Senate b Church c White Hall d Parliament
- 6) A person who wants to become President must be at least……….years old.
- A 35 b 18 c 24 d 45
- 7) The first US President was…
- A Columbus b George Washington c Bill Clinton d Abraham Lincoln
- 8) Abraham Lincoln was the……President of the USA
- A 2nd b 7th c 11th d 16th
- 9) The official national symbol of the USA is ….
- A the Statue of Liberty b) the Eagle c) the “Mayflower”
- 10) The American flag is often called ….
- a) Union Jack b) the White Eagle c) the Stars and Stripes
- 11) What do Americans celebrate on the 4th of July?
- a) Thanksgiving Day b) Christmas c) Independence Day d) Victory Day
- 12) There are… stripes and … stars on the American flag.
- a) 15… 50 b) 13… 25 c)13… 50 d) 15 … 25
- 1.What is the capital of the USA ?
- 2.When did Christopher Columbus discover America?
- 3.What tradition did the first colonists start?
- 4.What are the colours of the American flag?
- 5.What do you know about the “Mayflower”?
- 6.What national symbols of America do you know?
- 7.What is the traditional American food for Thanksgiving Day?
- 8.What tradition from the “Wild West” do you know?
- 9.Who made special clothes – strong trousers called jeans?
- True or False ?
- 1. Americans are afraid of new ideas.
- 2. Americans like to be modern.
- 3. They like to visit museums.
- 4. Americans are interested only in old traditions.
- 5. People from different countries came to the USA and made one country out of many.
- 6. The Germans brought Christmas Day.
- 7. The Scots brought St. Patrick’s Day .
False.Countable and uncountable nouns
- It is a good …
- It is wonderful …
- What an interesting …
- What tasty …..
- What a tasty ……
- Ideas, coffee, cheese, salt, answer, boy, bread, jam, tea, apple, banana, weather, air, butter, work, job, orange, egg, sandwich, pepper, hotdog, sugar, animals, girl, money, juice.