III. Речевая зарядка
1. How long have you been learning English?
2. Do you learn English only at school?
3. Why are you learning English?
4. Do you find it interesting? Hard? Useful?
5. What is the most difficult for you in English?
6. What is an idiom?
(An expression whose meaning is different from the meaning of the individual
IV. Фонетическая зарядка
1. A fat cat sat on a mat and ate a fat rat.
2. “Cat” idioms (ex. 70, presentation)
V. Основная часть урока
English – the language of the planet
Our lesson is devoted to the English language and we are going to speak about the
language that conquer the world.
Do you agree that English has really conquered the world?
1. Ex 23 – Read out the sentences that prove the statement: “English has
become the language of the planet, the first truly global language.”
2. The role of English is great nowadays. We call it as a mother tongue, an
official, international, foreign, modern and widespread language. Match the
words and their definitions. ( Task on Smart Board)
3. So, English is an international language. Do you know how many people all
over the world speak English? Can we say that it is the richest language?
How many words are there in its vocabulary?
4. Map-test: name the countries where English is the official language, where it
is one of the official languages, where English is spoken. (AB – ex.2)
A language that came from nowhere to conquer the world.
1. Do you know where English came from? Listen to the text (additional
material) and name the languages that formed the English language.
2. Now you’ll watch the part of the video film about the origin of English, try
to write down as many early English words as you can.