Question 4 is also a musical question. We’ll listen to the song. It is the Russian
translation of well-known English poet. Now the question: who is the author
of the English words? (Robert Burns)
(слайды с известными английскими личностями)
In Great Britain there are a lot famous people, politicians, actors, singers. Now
look at the screen, here are some Englishmen. The question is: who of these men
is not a famous British one?
One more question about Great Britain’s sights. Look at the screen. Here is a
famous sight in London. This sight is famous for the huge clock, Big Ben. Why
do people call this clock Big Ben? (It was named after Sir Benjamin Hall, he
was very tall. His nickname was Big Ben). By the way, what is today’s name of
this bell? (It named after Elizabeth II).
Teacher: The second round is over. Without making a rest, we’ll start the third
round. It is the Blitz-competition. This task consists of 5 questions for each
team. You should answer as quickly as you can.
1. 3 forms of the verb “to draw”.
2. Who wrote “Romeo and Juliet”? (W. Shakespeare)
3. What is the oldest part of London? (The City)
4. What is the capital of Wales? (Cardiff)
5. Who is the main character at Christmas? (Santa Claus)
1. 3 forms of the verb “to burn”.
2. What is the national English sport?
3. Where was Shakespeare born?
4. What is the capital of Northern Ireland?
5. When is St.Valentine’s Day celebrated?