Презентация "London" 7 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
Complete the sentences with suitable words
- The Houses of Parliament is the ……… of British Government.
- They are situated on the ……… of the river Thames.
- The Houses of Parliament is 940 ft in ……… .
- Big Ben is the name of a huge ……… in one of the tall ……… of the Houses of Parliament.
- People can get ……… the Tower and see how Big Ben works.
- There is no ……… and there are three hundred and forty ……… up to Big Ben
- Buckingham Palace is the same age as Saint-Petersburg.
- The Queen lives in Buckingham Palace from September till March.
- It is finally became the official Royal Palace in 1837.
- The monument to Queen Victoria is opposite Buckingham Palace.
- All the windows in the Palace are cleaned every six weeks.
- A flag always flies above Buckingham Palace when the Queen is in Residence.
- The men in front of Buckingham Palace are not just ceremonial guards but also serving soldiers.
- More than 50000 people visit the Palace each year.
1. The Tower of London is the home of the __________
a) Crown Jewels b) Queen’s dresses c) Royal weapon
2. It was originally designed as a __________
a) Palace b) Cathedral c) Fortress
3. It was designed by __________
a) William the Conqueror b) King Arthur c) Richard the Lion’s Heart
4. The Tower is more than __________
a) 600 years old b) 700 years old c) 900 years old
5. It has served as a __________
a) fast food restaurant b) prison c) a café
6) It became a prison __________
a) after the Middle Ages b) before the Middle Ages c) in the 20th century
Choose the correct answer:
Our visit to one of the largest cities in the world and the largest city in Europe
1. We visited ...
2. London Eye surprises because …
3. The Houses of Parliament amaze because ...
4. Big Ben is magnificent because ...
5. Buckingham Palace is impressive because …
6. Tower of London is a mysterious place because …
7. Madame Tussaud’s Museum has …
8. I want to tell you about the place I liked most. It is ...
9. I’d like to visit London once again