Task 1. Choose the right word: a. conflict b. conservative c. peacefully d. separatists e.
disagree f. reunion g. signs h. human i. wheelchair j. prevent k. discrimination l. tolerant
1. Old people are usually ____________than young people.
2. Are you planning to have a family _________________at Christmass?
3. People who are unable to walk use a _____________________
4. What mathematical ____________did you learn?
5. It listed 29 different ______________rights: protection against cruel punishment,
6. People must ____________war conflicts.
7. We must to be _____________ with each other.
8. Spanish ___________are very dangerous.
9. When people ______________with each other, they may have _____________.
10. We can resolve all conflicts ___________.
Task2. Use the words to form new words that fit in the same numbered space in the text.
1. I am more ______ on this point OPTIMIST
2. We need some ___________against religious discrimination. PROTECT
3. ________movements have caused a lot of serious military conflicts. SEPARATE
4.The constitution guarantees the _______of people of different ethnic groups in the eyes of the
5. We should use all possible_________ means to resolve conflict. PEACE
6. All forms of war conflicts are ____________. HUMAN
Task 3. Complete the sentences with the correct comparative/superlative form of the
1. That was…(bad) film I have ever seen.
2. He is ….(intelligent) of all.
3. Tracey is….(hardworking) than Janet.
Task 4. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct future tense: Future Simple,
Future Continuous, Future Perfect.
1. The film…..(start) by the time you arrive.
2. If you’re going out, I… (come) with you.
3. This time next week I …(travel) across France.
4. Luke…(call) you back in an hour.