Презентация "JONATHAN SWIFT" 8 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
Jonathan Swift (1667-1745) Jonathan Swift was born in Dublin. In 1726 Swift's masterpiece Gulliver's Travels appeared. This book is consist of 4 parts Gulliver's Travels
- Swift's novel Gulliver's Travels [ 'gAlrvaz 'traevalz] made him one of the greatest English prose writers of the 18th century.
- It has been translated into many languages. It is popular as a Сhildren's book, but it was meant for adults.
- In the book Swift attacks his contemporary world and the social ANd political system of England.
- Swift hated the English state system and looked for a better one. He believed in an ideal enlightened monarch. Gulliver meets such a king on his second voyage to Brobdingnag.
- This is a country where giants live. Book 2
- In the third part the author takes Gulliver to Laputa and the Academy in Lagado. In this part Swift laughs at every kind of impractical science and philosophy. The Laputans [1э 'pjuitanz] had ill-built houses without one right angle. Book 3
- They are odd, clumsy and unhandy people in their common actions and behaviour. Laputa is a flying island. It may be put in a position that it can take away the lands underneath "of the benefit of the sun and the rain and afflict the inhabitants with death and diseases". The flying island helps the king to exploit his people.
- It is in Book IV that Swift's satire is the bitterest. Gulliver finds himself in a land ruled by Houyhnhnms, intelligent and virtuous horses who are ignorant of such vices as stealing, lying, love of money. The rest of the population is made up of Yahoos, ugly creatures that look like human beings in appearance and possess all the human vices. They are greedy, envious and malicious.
Английский язык - еще материалы к урокам:
- Разработка урока "Животные. Действия, происходящие в момент речи" 3 класс
- Презентация "TRAVELLING" 10 класс
- Презентация "The Red book of Saratov region" 8 класс
- Презентация "English Writers. Their Books"
- Технологическая карта внеклассного мероприятия "Сто к одному: Хобби. Свободное время. Праздники" 5-6 класс
- Презентация "My house. My flat" 3 класс