Презентация "We are what we eat" 9 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
WE ARE WHAT WE EAT
The only way to be healthy is to eat what you don’t want to, to drink what you don’t like and do what you don’t want to. Mark Twain
DO WE LIVE TO EAT?
Do you know how much food you will eat by the time you are seventy –nine?
25 cows 9,000 litres of orange juice
40sheep 6,000 litres of mineral water
35 pigs 1,37 tonnes of apples
1.200 chicken 768 kg of oranges
2,07 tonnes of fish 430 bags of carrots
5,05 tonnes of potatoes 720 kg of tomatoes
30,000 litres of milk 1,300 lettuces
13,000 eggs Hundreds of packets of
50,000 loaves of bread coffee, sugar, spaghetty
12,000 bottles of wine 8 kg of dirt
Land of the fattest
- According to WHO/World Health Organization /Americans are the fattest people in the world.
- 55% of women and 63% of men over 25 are overweight or obese.
“Compared to Europeans, Americans eat all the time” writes Joanna Coles, a British correspondent for the Guardian. “At the hairdressers, in their cars, during colleges lectures, at the cinema, where they arrive clutching monster buckets of pop-corn, Doberman sized hot-dogs and containers(!) of diet Pepsi”
The epidemic is spreading
- Though America is the world leader in obesity, Europe is quickly catching up. According to WHO, almost one-third of people living in the European Union are now overweight and one in 10 is obese.
- 20% of women and 17% of men in Britain is obese.
- And the English are fatter than Scots or Welsh!
- Russia, the Czech Republic and Finland also have some of the heaviest people in Europe.
- Among the French, Italians and Swedish the number of overweight people is dramatically rising.
Favourite food among teenagers
- Hot dogs
There is a danger hanging over your life!
BESIDES, teenagers in Britain spend 27 hours a week watching TV, playing computer
Teenagers are getting fatter. Obesity rates in teens are doubling!!
Imagine yourself as a lazy, fat old man or woman with eyes glued to the TV screen, hands digging down in a packet of chips, munch-munch, staring at the glaring pictures.
A REAL NIGHTMARE!!!
What will today’s teenagers look like when they grow up?
- We live in the era of fast food culture. We are always in a hurry. We have no time to relax and enjoy a meal. We want to eat now and we want to eat fast. Every day a new McDonald”s restaurant opens somewhere on our planet.
- Another reason is a lack of exercise. We spend too much time in front of our computers and TV sets. We walk less, because we prefer to use cars or public transport.
What is tasty is not always healthy
- Chips and pizzas are fattening
- Coca –cola spoils our teeth
- Coffee shortens our lives
- Obesity leads to heart disease,
diabetes and stroke.
Some scientists believe that food influences
not only our bodies but our spirits as well.
Foods with lots of additives, fat or sugar can
make you violent and anti-social.
Being veggie is “in”
- More and more people nowadays become vegetarians
- A diet free from meat has all the vitamins ,minerals and protein you need.
Here are some simple tips for you.
Healthy Lifestyle. What is it?
You don't have to give up all your favourite food, but you'll have to eat less bread, sugar and fat. Take a smaller plate and put less food on it. But don't skip meals. It won't do you any good. Don't eat less fruit and vegetables. They are always good for you.
Eat smaller portions
Concentrate on your food
Don't read or watch TV when you eat. Put your knife and fork down and chew your food slowly and carefully. You'll feel full sooner and won't eat so much.
Have healthy snacks
Forget about hign-fat, hign-calorie snacks, cookie, potato chips and soda. Make your own sandwiches with meat and vegetables. Drink water or juice instead of Coke and lemonade. Have an apple instead of a hot dog.
Drink a lot of water
Your body needs a lot of water. Drink at least two litres of water every day. Tea and coffee don't count!
Don't eat after 7 p.m.
Have your last meal at least two hours before you go to bed.
It's not necessary to diet if you eat properly and make sure you have a lot of vegetables and fruit every day. But if you live in a region where it's difficult to get them, you should take multivitamins.
Not all of them are. Some juices contain a lot of sugar, which is bad for your teeth. When you buy juice juice read the information on the box. There must be no added sugar in it. As an alternative just have an apple or a carrot. They are better for you than any juice.
There are hundreds of adverts for wonder pills and magic drinks which promise to make you thin, but do they actually work? The answer is no. Most of them aren't safe either. If you take them, you can sometimes be putting your health in danger. They can cause headaches, high blood pressure and many other problems.
There is no magic diet plan to help you become thin. Anybody who promises you that is telling you a lie. You can go on a very strict diet of fewer than 600 calories a day for a week or two and lose weight, but it gives you headaches , bad breath and bad skin. When you finish it, the weight will come back quickly.
Physical activity is very important for a healthy lifestyle, and it's difficult to be fit if you don't do any. However, it's always better to do some exercise than none at all.
Everything you do - smiling, talking, reading-burns calories. But if you want to be fit, you'll have to do more. Do some exercise in the morning or in the afternoon every day: ride a bicycle, go swimming or jogging, wash the floors in your home or walk the dog.
Материалы из категории:
- Методическая разработка открытого урока "A wedding day" 10 класс
- Технологическая карта урока английского языка "Моя семья. Цвета" 2 класс
- Конспект урока "Christmas Time" 4 класс
- Презентация "Are you a friend of the planet?" 7 класс
- Обобщающий урок "Are you a friend of the planet?" 7 класс
- Презентация "OK или о'kay" 10 класс