LIVING THINGS AROUND US. (8
Form) 2016 учебный год
Цели: обобщить лексику и знания по теме “Living things around us”, формировать навык
монологической и диалогической речи, чтения с полным пониманием текста и поиском
нужной информации, формировать навык аудирования; развивать творческие способности
учащихся, познакомить с культурой друидов, воспитывать чувство любви и бережного
отношения к природе.
Оборудование: кроссворд, карточки на английском языке с заданиями для кроссворда,
коллекция – гербарий веточек хвойных деревьев, рисунки символов разных стран,
рисунки цветов, карточки с пословицами, кассета с текстом о страусах.
The more we study the Natural World the more we study ourselves.
1. Организационный момент.
Good afternoon, boys and girls. Glad to see you. Take your seats, please. The theme of our
lesson today is “Living things around us”. We’ll speak about flora and fauna of our planet Earth.
2. Crossword “Birds”.
Answer my question: what is born twice? (a bird)
I’d like to start our lesson with some riddles about birds. You will get cards with riddles. Answer
them and write the answers into the crossword on the blackboard.
1. A bird larger than a sparrow but larger than a crow. It is usually grey or dark-blue and
grey, sometimes white or brown. Often lives in cities. (pigeon)
2. A large beautiful white or sometimes black bird bigger than a duck, with a long neck that
lives on rivers and lakes. (swan)
3. A small bird that comes to our region in winter and is yellow and dark blue. (tomtit)
4. It is easy to teach these birds that live in South Africa, Australia and South America some
words that people use. (parrot)
5. A bird which is black-and-white and which often takes to its nest small bright things.
6. A rather big black or grey bird that lives in cities, and in the Tower of London. (crow)
7. A small bird that can sing better than any other. It usually sings at night. (nightingale)
(В выделенных клетках читается слово ostrich – страус)
3. Listening to the text “Ostriches”.
And here you see the name of a bird that lives in Australia and some other countries – ostrich.
Listen to the text about it and say if sentences of ex.1 p.123 are true or false.
Ostriches are the biggest birds on our planet. Though they have wings, ostriches cannot fly. But
they can run. They run so fast with their speed about 70 km/h that horses can’t reach them. Some
people may think that ostriches eat only grass, but they are wrong. When ostriches are very
hungry they can eat even lizards and snakes and even stones. These birds really like bathing in
rivers very much and they are not afraid to get wet.. Not long ago ostriches lived only in the wild