It is a festival for Christians celebrating the ascent of Christ to heaven. It
is held on the 40
day after resurrection, on the 6
It is a major festival in the Christian church which is celebrated on the 7
Sunday after Easter(it is called Pentecost) The day is named after the
white robes worn by converted to the church.
It’s Sunday before Easter. On this Sunday in some churches small crosses,
which are made of palm leaves, are given to members of the
congregation. Such palm branches were thrown on the ground in front
of Christ as he entered Jerusalem.
It’s a great festival commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. All
people go to each other and say:”Christ is risen” and give painted eggs
as a symbol of eternal life.
( Easter, Ascension Day, White Sunday, Palm Sunday)
6.Make up a story logically connected:
1. Here is how the Holly Bible describes Christ resurrection.
2. That is why people nowadays greet each other by the words: “Christ is
3. Easter is a very popular holiday in Russia and other countries among
4. And the expected answer is “He is risen indeed”
5.It has no fixed day.
6. “Suddenly there was a great earthquake and the angel of the Lord
descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone from the