Презентация "The Infinitive" 8-9 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- К неличным формам глагола относятся: инфинитив, герундий, причастие.
- В отличие от личных форм глагола, неличные формы выражают действие без указания лица и числа и поэтому не могут служить в предложении сказуемым.
Формальным признаком инфинитива
может служить частица to, которая
не имеет самостоятельного значения
и часто опускается перед инфинитивом.
The forms of the Infinitive
to be + V3
to be written
to be + Ving
to be writing
to have + V3
to have written
to have been + V3
to have been written
to have been + Ving
to have been writing
Относится к настоящему или будущему времени
I hope to meet her tonight.
Обозначает действие, происходящее в данный момент
He must be sleeping now.
Показывает, что действие инфинитива произошло раньше действия основного глагола
He claims to have worked here before.
Обозначает длительное действие инфинитива, которое произошло раньше действия основного глагола
He looks tired. He seems to have been studying for the test all night.
- I went
- she has been playing
- he had worked
- it was read
- they have been informed
- he is writing
- it is fixed
- he will type
- he was cleaning
- she will be sleeping
to have gone
to have been playing
to have worked
to have been read
to have been informed
to be writing
to be fixed
to have been cleaning
to be sleepingFill in the correct form of the infinitive
- My boss expects me …………………..overtime.
- Young children often ask ……………..to the zoo.
- “I happen …………………my driving test two years ago, you know,” he said.
- Leslie seems …………………………her new job.
- I’d like …………a return ticket to Paris, please.
- Stop pretending …………………….your food – just finish it up, please.
- The manager seems …………………impatient with the interviewee.
to be taken
to have passed
to enjoy/to be enjoying.
to eat/to be eating
to be gettingThe functions of the infinitive in the sentence
1. Функция подлежащего:
To read is a great pleasure. - Читать – большое удовольствие.
В функции подлежащего инфинитив стоит в начале предложения, за ним должно следовать сказуемое.
2. Именная часть сказуемого:
His aim was to deceive Mark. - Его целью было обмануть Марка.
3. Часть составного глагольного сказуемого:
We intend to celebrate this occasion. - Мы намереваемся отпраздновать это событие.
4. Функция дополнения:
Peter asked me to look after his son. - Питер попросил меня присмотреть за его сыном.
5. Функция определения:
There is a lot of work to be done. - Есть много работы, которую надо сделать.
6. Функция обстоятельства:
I swim everyday to be fit. - Я плаваю каждый день, чтобы быть в форме.The to-infinitive is used: 1. to express purpose: She went out to buy some milk. (in order to buy)
2. after certain verbs (advise, agree, appear, decide, expect, hope, promise, refuse, etc.)
He refused to pay the bill.
3. after certain adjectives (angry, happy, glad, willing, eager, clever, kind etc.)
She was glad to see him.
4. after questions words (where, how, what, who, which, except why)
Has she told you where to meet them?
but: I don`t know why he left so early.5. after certain nouns: 5. after certain nouns: It’s pleasure to work with you.
6. after would like/would love/would prefer (to express specific preference):
I’d love to go for a walk.
7. after too/ enough constructions:
He’s too short to reach the top shelf.
He isn’t tall enough to reach the top shelf.
He’s got enough money to live on.
8. with it + be + adjective (+ of + object):
It was nice of him to remember my birthday.
9. with “only” to express unsatisfactory result: 9. with “only” to express unsatisfactory result: He called me only to say that he would be late.
10. with: so + adjective + as:
Would you be so kind as to help me move the sofa?
11. after: be + the first/second/etc/next/last/best etc.
He was the last to come to work.
12. in the expression : for + noun/pronoun + to –inf.
For him to be so rude is unforgivable.
Phrases with the Infinitive to be honest – честно говоря to begin with – для начала, начнем с того что to tell (you) the truth – по правде говоря to cut a long story short – короче говоря to get back to the point – возвращаясь к сути дела to put it another way – иначе говоря to say nothing of – не говоря уже о to put it mildly – мягко выражаясь to say the least of it – по меньшей мере The infinitive without to is used: 1. after modal verbs (can, could, must, may, might, should): You must be back at 12 o’clock.
2. after had better/would rather в значении «лучше бы»:
I’d rather have stayed in last night.
You’d better ask your parents if you can come.
3. After make/let/see/hear/feel/watch/notice:
Mum lets me watch TV.
I made him apologize.
But: in the passive form:
be made/be heard/be seen + to-Infinitive
He was made to apologise.
Translate from English into Russian
1. The buyers want to know our terms of payment.
Покупатели хотят знать наши условия платежа.
2. To walk in the garden was a pleasure.
Гулять в саду было приятно.
3. They watched the boy cross the street.
Они видели, как мальчик переходил улицу.
4. To see is to believe.
Видеть — значит верить.
5. He is sure to enjoy himself at the disco.
Ему, несомненно, понравится на дискотеке.
6. I felt him put his hand on my shoulder.
Я почувствовал, как он положил руку на мое плечо.
7. She seems to be having a good time at the seaside.
Она, кажется, хорошо проводит время на берегу моря.
8. She remembered to have been told a lot about this man.
Она вспомнила, что ей много рассказывали об этом мужчине.
9. He proved to be one of the cleverest students at our school.
Он оказался одним из самых способных учеников нашей школы.Use the appropriate form of the infinitive.
- They want (to take) to the concert by their father.
- I am glad (to do) all the homework yesterday.
- This plant is known (to produce) tractors.
- He wants his son (to become) a lawyer.
- He seems (to know) French very well: he is said (to spend) his youth in Paris.
- You had better (to call) our distributors at once.
- We are happy (to invite) to the party.
to be taken
to have done
to have spent
to have been invited8. It seemed (to snow) heavily since early morning: the ground was 8. It seemed (to snow) heavily since early morning: the ground was covered with a deep layer of snow. 9. He didn’t hear me (to knock) at the door. 10. I want (to inform) of her arrival. 11. Our sportsmen are proud (to win) the cup. 12. He is known (to work) on the problem for many years. 13. The representative of the firm asked for the documents (to send) by air mail.
to have been snowing
to be informed
to have won
to have been working
to be sentPut “to” where it is necessary.
- I think you ought … apologize.
- Make him … speak louder.
- Help me … carry this bag.
- My son asked me … let him … go to the theatre.
- I must … go to the country.
- It cannot … be done to-day.
- She asked me … read the letter carefully and … write an answer.
- The man told me not … walk on the grass.
- Let me … help you with your work.
- She ought … take care of her health.
- We had better … stop to rest a little.
- I don’t know what … do.
xPut “to” where it is necessary.
- He was seen … leave the house.
- We have come … ask whether there is anything we can … do.
- We heard the siren … sound and saw the ship … move.
- I cannot … go there now, I have some work … do.
- During the crossing the passengers felt the ship … toss.
- You must make him … practice an hour a day.
- He is not sure that it can … be done, but he is willing … try.
- I looked for the book everywhere but could not … find it.
- He said that she might … come in the evening.
- She was made … repeat the song.
- Would you rather … learn shorthand than typewriting?
xPut “to” before the infinitive where it is necessary: 1. I like___play the guitar. 2. My brother can___speak French. 3. We had___put on our overcoats because it was cold. 4. They wanted___cross the river. 5. It is high time for you___go to bed. 6. May I___use your telephone? 7. They heard the girl___cry out with joy. 8. I would rather___stay at home today. 9. He did not want___play in the yard any more. 10. Would you like___go to England? 11. You look tired. You had better___go home. 12. I wanted___speak to Nick, but could not___find his telephone number. 13. It is time___get up. 14. Let me___help you with your homework. 15. I was planning___do a lot of things yesterday.
1. I like to play the guitar.
2. My brother can x speak French.
3. We had to put on our overcoats because it was cold.
4. They wanted to cross the river.
5. It is high time for you to go to bed.
6. May I x use your telephone?
7. They heard the girl x cry out with joy.
8. I would rather x stay at home today.
9. He did not want to play in the yard any more.
10. Would you like to go to England?
11. You look tired. You had better x go home.
12. I wanted to speak to Nick, but could not x find his telephone
13. It is time to get up.
14. Let me x help you with your homework.
15. I was planning to do a lot of things yesterday.Вы можете использовать данное оформление для Вы можете использовать данное оформление для создания своих презентаций, но в своей презентации вы должны указать источник шаблона: Ушакова Виктория Викторовна, учитель немецкого и английского языков, МОУ «Лицей № 5», г. Железногорска, Курской области cайт: http://uvv77.blogspot.ru/
Английский язык - еще материалы к урокам:
- Презентация "Much, many, few, little" 5 класс
- Презентация "In The World Of Cartoons" 5-6 класс
- Презентация "Colour idioms" 10 класс
- План-конспект занятия "Экскурсия в дикую природу. Дикие животные: лиса, волк, заяц, медведь"
- Презентация "Мое путешествие с предлогами по Нижнему парку" 5 класс
- Методическая разработка урока "Me travelling with preposition along the Lower Park" 4 класс