Презентация "The Olympic Games"
Подписи к слайдам:
Учитель англ.языка I кат
МБОУ «Киржеманская СОШ»
Кочетков Виктор ИвановичThe Olympic Games have a very long history. They began in 777 ВС in Greece and took place every four years for nearly twelve centuries at Olympia. The Olympic games originate in athletic contests to honor of Zeus Only men competed and they wore no clothes in order to have greater freedom of movement. The Olympic Games have a very long history. They began in 777 ВС in Greece and took place every four years for nearly twelve centuries at Olympia. The Olympic games originate in athletic contests to honor of Zeus Only men competed and they wore no clothes in order to have greater freedom of movement.
Statue of Olympic Zeus
The ancient Greek Olympics were held every four years during the full moon of midsummer. That date was chosen so the games could last into the night. The time between games was called an Olympiad, and each Olympiad was named for an athletic victor at the previous contests. The Greeks used the Olympiads as a way to establish historical chronology.
Only free born male Greek citizens not accused of murder or sacrilege were eligible to participate. Training began as early as one year before the games in the athlete's home city. A month before the games, the athletes were the obligated to move to Elis or Olympia for their final training. It was here that the athletes were taught the rules of fair-play and honorable competition.
Spectators also abided by strict rules. Only free men not convicted of any sacrileges could attend. Women, especially married women were not allowed to watch nude contests between men. Only the priestess of Demeter Chamyne, seated on the altar of the goddess, was allowed to watch the contests in the stadium.
People from all over Greece gathered for this Olympic festival. It was a chance to sell goods, recite poems for money, negotiate business deals, and even sign peace treaties between cities. Visitors slept in the open air or tents due to overcrowded small residential quarters.
A simple foot race marked the early Olympic games, but over the centuries the games became numerous and complicated. At most, a total of fourteen contests were held over a period of four days. The games were divided into two classes: physical contest were held in the stadium nude, and those on the race tracks with chariots.In 1894 French Baron Pierre de Coubertin, addressed all the sports governing bodies and pointed out the significance of sport and its educational value. Two years later the first modern Olympic Games took place. Of course, the competitions were held in Greece to symbolize the continuation of the centuries-old tradition.
- In 1894 French Baron Pierre de Coubertin, addressed all the sports governing bodies and pointed out the significance of sport and its educational value. Two years later the first modern Olympic Games took place. Of course, the competitions were held in Greece to symbolize the continuation of the centuries-old tradition.
- Alfréd Hajos won both the 100m and the 1,200m swimming events. For the longer race, the competitors were shipped out into the lake and then swam back to shore. According to Hajos, 'I must say that I shivered at the thought of what would happen if I got a cramp from the cold water. My will to live completely overcame my desire to win.'
- The Marathon race legend tells us that Phedippedes ran from Marathon on one coast, over the hills to Athens and brought word of a great victory for the Greeks lead by Callimachus over the Persians lead by Darius. They call the race the 'Marathon' not the 'Athens'. The crucial point is that Marathon is on the opposite coast from Athens and was the site of a famous Greek victory against the Persians (Modern Turkey / Iran).
- No wonder they refer to these legends as Greek tragedies; in this instance sadly, the Spartans hit a religious time-out and would not help the Athenians, and Phedippedes himself, hit a terminal 'Blue Screen' when he returned to Athens to tell of the tell Sparta of the impending Persian 490 BC.
- The 2004 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXVIII Olympiad, was a premier international multi-sport event held in Athens, Greece from August 13th to August 29th, 2004 with the motto "Welcome Home".
New Stadium in AthensThe History of the Olympic Games 1896 -2016 2016 Rio de Janeiro 2012 London 2008 Beijing 2004 Athens 2000 Sydney 1996 Atlanta 1992 Barcelona 1988 Seoul 1984 Los Angeles 1980 Moscow 1928 Amsterdam 1924 Paris 1920 Antwerp 1912 Stockholm 1908 London 1904 St. Louis 1900 Paris 1896 Athens
1968 Mexico City
1932 Los Angeles
Английский язык - еще материалы к урокам:
- Презентация "How to be healthy and live long"
- Разработка урока "Степени сравнения имен прилагательных" 7 класс
- Презентация "Personality and career"
- Конспект урока "Ordering food" 5 класс
- Внеклассное мероприятие "Викторина «Что ты знаешь о Великобритании?»" 5 класс
- Технологическая карта урока "Рождество. Christmas" 6 класс