The Simple Present and the Present Continuous
I. Put the verbs in brackets into the simple present or the present continuous tense.
1. Hardly anyone (wear) a hat nowadays.
2. I'm afraid I've broken one of your coffee cups.
-Don't worry. I (not like) that set anyway.
3.I (wear) my sunglasses today because the sun is very strong.
4. Tom can't have the newspaper now because his aunt (read) it.
5. I'm busy at the moment. I (redecorate) the sitting room.
6. The kettle (boil) now. Shall I make the tea?
7. You (enjoy) yourself or would you like to leave now?
-I (enjoy) myself very much. I (want) to stay to the end.
8. How you (get) to work as a rule?
-I usually (go) by bus but sometimes I (walk).
II. Complete the sentences with am/is/are/do/does.
1. I ________ a student.
2. ________ she like music?
3. Where _________ they go after lessons?
4. _______ he your best friend?
5. Why ________ do they want to help her?
6. They _____ not Russian.
7. What books ________ she like to read?
III. Put the words in the correct order to make sentences or questions.
2. in/world/the/ what/ the/is/longest/river?
IV. Put the questions to the underlined words in the sentences.
1. We are doing a lot of interesting things after lessons.
2. She looks after her little sister every day.
3. The boy never goes to the swimming pool. He is afraid of water.
4. I am sitting at the table and doing my homework.