Form 11 Test 1 Good luck!
Task 1 Use the where necessary
1. Alice is too … young to drive a car .
2. A special school for … deaf is being built in our town.
3. … widowed can receive some benefits.
Task 2 Give your reaction (So or Neither)
1.I have never been to Ireland.
2. My friends are provided with social benefits.
3.I have a pet.
Task 3 Put the words all, both
1.The children are playing in the school garden.
2. Two brothers enjoy playing tennis.
3. People know that they need friends.
Task 4 Use the articles (a/an,the,-) where necessary
1.What … nice nose you have!
2. How sunny … weather is!
3. What … tasty vegetables I`ve bought !
Task 5 Use another, other, the other, others, the others
1.I can`t talk to you now. Come …day, please.
2. Some people travel by train, … like travelling by car.
3. We must all know this. I`ll call Ann. Will you tell …
Task 6 Transform the sentences using the appropriate conjunctions and
1.Sometimes new residents sell their own homes to get residential care, but this
money may not be enough.
2.Looking after elderly people costs a lot of money, local authorities try to do their
best to meet the needs of all those in difficulties.
Task 7 Open the brackets
Tom (to begin) talking on phone an hour ago. I think he should finish. He (to talk)
on the phone for an hour already.
Task 8 Translate
1.Каждый ребенок должен получать детское пособие, если доход родителей
2. Инвалиды также обеспечиваются финансовой поддержкой.