Грамматический тест по теме «Subjunctive»-
Open the brackets.
1. 1 would be delighted, if I (to have) such a beautiful fur-coat.
2. If he (to work) hard, he would have achieved great progress.
3. I (to write) the composition, if you had not disturbed me.
4. If he (not to read) so much, he would not be so clever.
5. If he were a famous poet, he (to be) very popular.
6. If she (not to be) so absent-minded, she would be much a better student.
7. If they (not to go) to Moscow, they would not have heard that famous pianist.
8. If she (to ask) me, I would have told her everything.
9. If you really loved music, you (to go) to die concert.
10. If you (not to miss ) the train, you would have arrived in time.
11. I (not to do) it, if you didn't ask me.
12. If I (to have) that rare book, I would lend it to you.
13. I would call you, if I (to know) the result.
Choose the correct alternative.
1. If I --------- _a lot of money, I would travel around the world
a) had b) had had
2. I'm sure Carol is at the office. I'd be very surprised if she ------ already.
a) left b) had left
3. Jim says that if he ----- a well-paid job, he would save money to buy a car.
a) got b) had got
4. You would feel better if you ------- .
a) didn't smoke b) hadn't smoke
5. Nick and Pat would be disappointed if we ------- for their wedding ceremony.
a) were late b) had been late
6. If the group ----- at the hotel yesterday, they wouldn't have got into trouble.
a) stayed b) had stayed
7. My father would be angry if he ----- that I failed my exam.
a) knew b) had known
8. What would your parents do if you ------ them you are going to get married?
a) told b) had told
9. If I ------ my car serviced regularly, it wouldn't have broken down.
a) had b) had had
10. If you ----- swimming regularly you would forget about you backache.
a) went b) had gone