III. Прочитайте текст с пропусками, обозначенными номерами 1 – 7. Эти номера соответствуют
заданиям 1 – 7, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов (А, Б, В, Г). Установите
соответствие номера пропуска варианту ответа.
The first Europeans to visit what is now called Alaska were Russian sailors led by Captain Bering. The 1
______ was funded by Russian czar Peter the Great. In 1728 Bering and his crew 2 ______ through the
strait that is now named after him, between the easternmost part of Asia and the westernmost part of the
Americas. Their journey 3 ______ that Asia was not connected to North America; however, due to the
heavy fog, they never actually saw the nearby land of North America. In 1741 Bering headed further south,
landing on tiny Kayak Island off the 4 ______ of what is now the southeastern part of the state.
In the 1780s and 1790s Russians began small colonies, first on Kodiak Island and later on the mainland. In
1799 the Russian-American Company was established to 5 ______ Russian interests. For the next 68 years
the company provided the only form of government for the European colonists, 6 ______ never numbered
more than a few hundred. The Russians ruled the 7 ______ until the late 1860s, when they sold it to the
United States for $7.2 million dollars.
The 8 ______ of gold in 1896 in the Yukon Territory started a huge gold rush that brought thousands of
1. A) travel; Б) trip; В) journey; Г) expedition
2. A) paddled; Б) sailed; В) travelled; Г) rowed
3. A) proved; Б) convinced; В) persuaded; Г) appeared
4. A) bank; Б) beach; В) shore; Г) sea-side
5. A) look after; Б) look at; В) look for; Г) look away
6. A) which; Б) whose; В) what; Г) who
7. A) country; Б) area; В) ground; Г) earth
8. A) discovery; Б) detection; В) exploration; Г) innovation