3. Passive voice.
1.- Where…? – In London.
A. were you born B. are you born C. have you been born D. did you born
2. There’s somebody walking behind us. I think….
A. we’re following B. we are being followed C. we’re followed
3. I learnt to swim when I was very young. I… by my mother.
A. was being taught B. was being teached C. was taught
4. The report… by the end of the week.
A. will finish B. will be finished C. will have been finished
5. While we were talking the cassette…
A. was recorded B.was being recorded C. was recording
6. When Nick came home from work the dinner…
A. had been cooked B. was cooked C. had been cooking
4. Question tags.
1. I am late,…? 6. This is Tom’s car,…?
2. Let’s go shopping,…? 7. You don’t like cooking,…?
3. He exercises every day,…? 8. Sam went to the cinema yesterday,…?
4. Don’t be long,…? 9. You’ll call me,…?
5. I’m not mistaken,…? 10. You’ve got a CD player,…?
5.Infinitive and ing-form.
1. I like … the kitchen as often as possible.
A. cleaning B. clean C. to clean D. that I clean
2. Are you looking forward… Ann again?
A.seeing B. to see C. to seeing
3. He had made his decision and refused… his mind.
A. to change B. changing C. having changed
4. The water here isn’t very good. I’d avoid… it.
A. drinking B. to drink C. drink
5. They usually go… on Fridays.
A. shop B. shopping C. to shopping
6. Joe went to work without… breakfast this morning.
A. have B. having had C. having
7. You’d better… your parents now.
A. phone B. to phone C. phoning
8. My parents let me… TV till 11 o’clock in the evening.
A. watching B to watch C. watch
9…. is a good form of exercise.
A. to walk B. walking C. to be walking
10. They managed… the door.
A. to open B. opening C. opened
11. This café isn’t worth….
A. visiting B. to visit C. being visited
12. How about… to the cinema?
A. to go B. going C. go
Turn the sentences into the Reported Speech:
1. “Where are you going?”, Susan said to us.
2. “Did you go to the dentist yesterday?”, Bob said to his son.
3. “ Can I use your telephone?”, the man said to me.
4. “ Don’t be late, please”, the teacher said to us.
5. “ I’ve just cooked dinner”, the mother said to John.
6. “Where is Kevin?”, Lisa said to her friends.
7. “ We’ll call you tomorrow”, Kate said to Nick.