5. to make someone feel nervous, ashamed, or stupid in a social situation
6. to stop working, especially when you reach the age when you are
officially too old to work
7. no longer young, and is considered to have the good qualities of an
older person, for example the knowledge and experience
8. a set of promises that people make to each other, for example during a
9. an arrangement to meet someone who you are having or starting a
romantic relationship with
Задание 4. Вставьте предлоги в предложения:
1. Sarah's only interested ______ boys, CDs, and clothes.
2. She was flirting ______ a guy at the bar.
3. She grew ______ in New York.
4. She was brought _____ by her grandparents.
5. I was married with four children _____ your age.
6. The film is designed to appeal to people _____ all ages.
7. He fell madly in love _____ her at first sight.
8. Have you and Sam fallen _____ with each other again?
9. He proposed _____ her in August.
Задание 5. Вставьте пропущенные слова в текст:
When I was a child I had only one 1. _____ friend: we spent a lot of time
together and got 2. _____ really well. Actually, he was older than me, but the
age 3. _____ played no role. However, most children prefer playing with
someone who is the 4. _____ as they are. I used to think that our friendship
would be 5. ______ : that we would never drift apart. We were 6. _____ about
the same things: football, ice-cream and western movies. One more thing
that made us close was having similar 7. _____: our parents came from one
city and had similar jobs. I think it’s really wonderful when you have a lot in
8. _____ with someone in your life.