The children in Great Britain go to school at the age of 6. At the age of eleven or twelve
students go to a secondary school. The school year starts in September. A lesson lasts forty or
forty-five minutes. British students have Christmas holidays, Easter holidays and Summer
holidays. Schools also have special half-term holidays in the middle of each term. These
holidays last two or three days before or after weekend.
My school begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m. We have a break for lunch. I ride my
bicycle to and from school almost every day. On rainy days I take the school bus.
I like my school. I enjoy spending time with my friends. I also like my teachers,
especially my history teacher. We have a lot of subjects: Information Technology, the English
Language and the English Literature, Drama, French, Maths, History, Draw, Science and P.E..
History is my favourite subject at school. I also like Maths and Science.
All the students at my school wear a uniform. It’s not so bad. I never think about what
I’m going to wear to school and I don’t spend very much money on new clothes!
After school I come home and I enjoy doing my homework on the computer.
Read this text again and complete the sentences.
1) The school year _______________________________________________________
2) These holidays ________________________________________________________
3) Steve rides his bike_____________________________________________________
4) He also like his teachers_________________________________________________
5) All the students of his school_____________________________________________
6) He never thinks what he is_______________________________________________
7) After school he comes___________________________________________________
5) Закрепление лексики по теме
Let’s relax and do a funny exercise. Open your books at p. 15. There are some word
combinations, and there are the same combinations on the greenbboard. Tell me please what
teachers usually do and what students usually do. For example:
Pupils usually …………… Teachers usually……………
give nicknames ask clever questions answer silly questions read detective stories at the
lesson draw funny pictures on the blackboard listen to a walkman at the lesson discuss
different problems enjoy learning English explain dull grammar rules work hard learn poems
by heart have holidays many times a year give instructions, wear jeans play jokes be very
polite talk loudly during the break do homework every day copy long sentences give bad
marks get good marks
6) Реконструкция предложений
Let’s do the next task. Look at the interactive board. There are some facts
about Schools in Britain, read them. Now take the green sheets of paper and complete the
sentences about schools in Russia.
Some Facts about Schools in Britain
• School year starts in September and ends in July.