2. What are your parents?
3. Do you know what your classmates want to be?
4. What professions are popular in our region?
5. Is it really necessary to study well to get a good job?
Now look at the following phrases (слайд4):
Kinds of jobs: Good promotion prospects, prestigious and well-paid,
rewarding and interesting, intellectual, physical
Traits of character needed to become a professional: determination,
enthusiasm, responsibility, intelligence, ambition
Necessary things for job: good education, knowledge, experience,
skills, abilities, lucky chance, opportunities.
Look and say:
What kind of job would you like to have?
How can you become a well-qualified specialist?
Look at the map of jobs, find at least two jobs that the following
people couldn’t do (use full answers) (слайд 5)
1. “I get sea sick easily.” Jane
2. “I can’t stand being behind a desk”. Tony
3. “I don’t want to go to the University”. Pat
4. “I’m not good at working with my hands”. Pete
5. “I don’t want to work in the evenings or at weekends”. Mary
6. “I can’t stand working shifts”. John
7. “I can’t stand the sight of blood”. Sue