Презентация "Famous English and American writers"
Подписи к слайдам:
Famous English and American writers
Joanne Katheline Rowling
- A famous English writer. She was born in 1965. Joanne Rowling is the author of books about Harry Potter. She studied at the university, worked as a secretary. At the age of 26 she left England for Portuguese and worked there as a teacher of English. There
- Joanne began to write books about the adventures of a orphan boy Harry Potter, which made her popular all over the world.
- The main characters of these books are wizard boy Harry Potter, his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. They are students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The central story concerns Harry's struggle against the evil wizard Lord Voldemort, who killed Harry's parents.
Books about Harry Potter
- There are seven books about Harry Potter:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, 1997.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 1998.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 1999.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2000.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 2003.
- 6. Harry Potter and half-Blood Prince, 2005.
- 7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, 2007
(1876 - 1916)
- Jack London was born in San-Francisco in a very poor family. He began to work at the age of 8 selling newspapers. He liked reading books about adventure, travel and discoveries. By the time he was 22 he had worked at factories, travelled across the ocean as a sailor and was unemployed.
- It is the story of a wild wolfdog‘ s life. His first owner was a very cruel man. His last owner, Scott, was a kind man. Under his care White Fang learns to trust people . White Fang learns to be a domestic animal and lives with Scott and his family. The book “White Fang” shows that we are not the only ones capable of thinking, and that animals have feelings too...
- Robin Hood is a legendary hero of English literature. Nobody knows if such a man as Robin Hood really lived. All we know of him comes from ballads.
(1835 - 1910)
- Mark Twain is a famous American writer. His real name was Samuel Clemens. He spent his childhood in a small town on the Mississippi River. When Samuel was twelve his father died and the boy began to work. He worked in many different cities of America but he dreamt to be a sailor. When he was twenty he found the work on a ship. His dream came true.
Later, Mark Twain became one of the most famous writers. His books “The adventures of Tom Sawyer” and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” describe the life of boys. Children all over the world like these naughty and brave boys.
- Later, Mark Twain became one of the most famous writers. His books “The adventures of Tom Sawyer” and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” describe the life of boys. Children all over the world like these naughty and brave boys.
Pamela Lyndon Travers
(1899 - 1996)
- Pamela Lyndon Travers was born in Australia in 1906 and came to England at the age of 17. Several years later she wrote “ Mary Poppins”, a book for children which became very popular among its readers. The book describes a nurse with magical powers.
- There has never been a nurse like Mary Poppins. One day the wind brings her to the door of №17, Cherry Tree Lane and unusual things begin to happen. Every mother and every child in the world dreams of a nurse like Mary Poppins. She can talk to birds and dogs, she can take children to the Zoo at night. She can make things magic if the children are good, and can fly.
Joseph Rudyard Kipling
- Joseph Rudyard Kipling was a great English poet and a talented writer. He was born in India and spent many years of his life there. It was not strange that India acted as the setting for many of his books. In 1907 Kipling became the first English writer to receive the Nobel Prize for literature.
“The Jungle Book”
- R. Kipling also wrote for children. His most famous children’s books are “Just So Stories” and “The Jungle Book”. “The Jungle Book” tells how the child Mowgli was brought up by the wolves and Baloo, the bear, and Bagheera, the Black Panther. They taught him the Law of the Jungle.
“Just so Stories”
- “Just So Stories” is a collection of tales for children about animals. It was first published in 1902.
Copyright © 2013-2017 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: email@example.com