1. What is the official name of the country whose language you study?
a) Great Britain b) England c) the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
2. How many countries does the United Kingdom consist of?
a) four b) three c) two
3. What is the capital of the UK?
a) Cardiff b) Dublin c) London
4. What is the symbol of the United Kingdom?
a) a bald eagle b) Britannia c) a rose
5. What is the fastest way to cross the English Channel?
a) through the Channel Tunnel b) by boat c) by ferry
6. What is the most important airport in Great Britain?
a) Heathrow Airport b) Gatwick Airport c) Stansted Airport
7. English children start going to school at the age of:
a) 7 b) 6 c) 5
8. There are 2 days a week when British pupils don’t go to school. They are:
a) Sunday and Monday b) Friday and Saturday c) Saturday and Sunday
9. Who helps schoolchildren to cross the street near the school?
a) a policeman b) a lollipop man c) a fireman
10. What is the school-leaving age in the United Kingdom?
a) 16 b) 13 c) 18
11. What is the highest mark in British schools?
a) A b) C c) G
12. What is the London residence of Queen Elizabeth II?
a) the Tower of London b) Windsor Castle c) Buckingham Palace
13. Where is Nelson’s Column situated?
a) in Parliament Square b) in Trafalgar Square c) in Piccadilly Circus
14. Earth Day is celebrated:
a) in winter b) in summer c) in spring
15. RSPCA is a charity that:
a) helps animals b) organizes meetings and parties in schools c) sells books and pictures
16. The environment organization is:
a) Oxfam b) Save the children c) Greenpeace
17. Which of these cities is not in Britain?
a) New York b) London c) Oxford
18. Lewis Carol was:
a) a teacher b) an actor c) a writer
19. The Beatles came from:
a) Liverpool b) Manchester c) Birmingham