Let’s practice our grammar. Read the text. Some lines are correct, and some have a word which should not be
there. Correct the sentences.
1. You’re an average teen: just like the many people at your age.
2. What’s the easiest way to feel cool and to prove to other teens that you’re cool?
3. What proves you’ve made an another step toward being an adult?
4. If something is to going wrong – just buy a bottle of beer and you’re OK!
5. If you ask an ordinary beer fan, the first thing you’ll hear about is beer’s wonderful taste.
6. But even if it’s a tasty, even if it’s the only happiness of your unhappy life –
7. beer still contains alcohol! One can to say what about non-alcohol beer? It seems to be a
8. good joke: who will be drink beer just to slake their thirst when we have mineral
9. water or juice? But if you ask a teen: “Are you drinking an alcohol?” – the answer
10. should be: “Of course not. You are probably blind – it’s just a beer.”
11.But alcohol, especially as beer is drunk by teens – is a serous problem.
12. The facts are that it’s really very easy to get addicted to on an alcoholic drink,
13. and beer is known as the one of the most addicting alcoholic drinks.
14. There’re the millions of beer alcoholism cases. Isn’t it anyone’s stupid fashion?
15. Isn’t it time now, before you lose your brains forever, to think about it?
Key:1- the, 2. -, 3 - an, 4 - to, 5 - is, 6 - a , 7 - to, 8 - be, 9 -, 10 - a, 11 -, 12 - on, 13 - the, 14 - the, 15 -.
Our lesson comes to an end and I want you to answer my last questions. (Слайд 20)
Is it easy or not so easy to be young?
What problems worry teenagers?
At home you should write an essay “Is it easy to be young?”
Thank you for the participation in the discussion.