Подписи к слайдам:
Guess the topic
Quotations about happiness
1.Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. Dalai Lama (Tibet's political leader)
2. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Aristotle ( Greek philosopher)
Answer the questions
- What is happiness for you?
- How often do you feel really happy?
- Is happiness a state of mind?
- Is happiness a goal?
- What do you think is the colour of happiness?
- Can it be catchy?
1.Read the first sentence and predict What can the text be about?
Read the text and complete the gaps.(4-5 minutes)
After reading the students send their answers to the teacher’s PC. Then they start working in pairs, discussing the text.
1.What have you found out about happiness?
2.What was carried out at Harvard Medical School?
3.Can happiness have an affect on people who you know or even those you don’t?
4.How do people spread happiness?
Now let’s watch a video and learn more information about happiness.
Learn some happiness idioms and create your own story using them.
♦ To be over the moon-is to be very happy about something
♦ on top of the world-If you are on top of the world you are enjoying great happiness
♦ jump for joy- To jump for joy is to feel very happy about something: so happy that you could jump up and down for joy
♦ walking on air- If you are walking on air you are extremely happy and full of joy
♦ music to your ears: If something is music to your ears, the information that you receive makes you feel very happy.
♦ stars in your eyes : If someone has stars in their eyes, they are looking extremely happy.
Материалы из категории:
- Конспект урока "Откуда столько мусора?" 8 класс
- Презентация к уроку на тему "TV programmes" 7 класс
- Конспект урока "Подарки и коллекции" 5 класс
- Конспект урока английского языка "Отмечаем День рождения" 3 класс
- Технологическая карта урока "Земля - это сад для всех живых существ" 6 класс
- Конспект урока "Мой дом" 5 класс