2. Listen to the text about London Underground CD 32 and do the Quiz on it.
1. London Underground is rather … to travel by.
a) difficult b) easy c) expensive
2. Tooting Broadway is at the end of the …
a) Central Line b) Northern Line c) Southern Line
3. If you want to get to Oxford Street you should alight at ….
a) Oxford Street b) Tottenham Court Road c) Leicester Square
4. There are more than … stations in London.
a) 250 b) 150 c) 350
5. It’s important to know … of the train.
a) the number b) the time c) the final destination
6. … gives you 4 or 5 days unlimited travel.
a) a tourist ticket b) a travel card c) a bus pass
7. If you have a tourist ticket you can travel by …
a) Train and underground b)underground and London Red Buses
b) Double-decker and taxi
8. You can buy a travel card at the … .
a) underground station b) airport c) bank
9. Stations are indicated by … .
a) capital letter “M” b) a picture of a train c) London Transport Symbol
3.Speak about London Underground. Monologue.
The London Underground is a rapid transit system in the United Kingdom, serving a large part of
Greater London and some suburbs. It is the oldest underground railway in the world, which was
opened in 1863 and now serves11 lines and 270 stations. The Underground has 402 kilometers
of railways 45 per cent of which is under ground. It is the fourth largest metro system in the
world The Underground system is also known as the Tube. The earlier lines of the present
London Underground network were built in the 19
century. Now it is the third busiest metro
system in Europe, after Moscow and Paris. More than 3 million people use the Tube daily. The
tube is really an international icon for London.
4.Act out the 2dialogues about travelling by London Underground.
5. Complete the evaluation card to express your ideas of the lesson.