Косицына Вера Ивановна,
учитель английского языка МБОУ Гимназия № 1 им. А.С. Пушкина
Разработка урока в 7 классе по теме «Мир вокруг нас» по УМК О.В. Афанасьевой и
И.В. Верещагиной. Дополнительный материал по теме для развития навыка чтения.
Supplementary reading over the theme “The World around us is wonderful”
Theme: “Scientists Study Lake Mystery”
1. Intensive reading (reading carefully for complete, detailed comprehension)
2. Making guesses about the meaning of words by looking at the surrounding words or
situation (contextual guessing)
1. Broaden students’ vocabulary and practice oral speech
2. Master skills of reading
3. Increase of English studying motivation
4. Develop students’ attention, memory and initiative
5. Review Past Simple prepositions.
Target group’s needs: Children of 13-14 and intermediate level, interested in Geography and
Problem: vocabulary isn’t enough for good comprehension.
Selection of the text: content, vocabulary, grammar.
Morning! How’s everything?
Have you ever read about something unusual or strange?
III. Choice and sequencing of tasks:
1. Look at the map and answer the questions:
What country do you see on the map?
Do you know what Oregon is?
Can you guess why Crater Lake is pointed on the map?
2. Look at the title of the text. Discuss with another student what you might expect to find
in the text.
3. Now think of 6 or so words that you might expect to find in this text and write them
1. Read the text and check whether the words you predicted in appear or not.
2. Find words or phrases in the text which here mean the same as:
3. True or False
o The scientists didn’t find any surprises in Crater Lake.
o They saw towering cliffs near the bottom of the lake.
o The scientists know a lot about what is causing the cloudiness.
o Warm water is coming into the lake from underground hot springs.