Конспект урока "Investigation in progress" 8 класс
Муниципальное бюджетное учреждение средняя общеобразовательная школа №2 г. Зверево
Алмакаева Антонина Алексеевна
Учитель английского языка
МБОУ СОШ №2 г. Зверево
Стаж работы 4 года
Итоговый урок по английскому языку в 8классе по теме
«Investigation in progress» по учебнику New millennium
Цели: актуализация лексического материала, совершенствование навыков
устной речи, обобщение изученного материала по теме «Investigation in
Оборудование: проектор, карточки с заданиями
Investigation in progress
CRIME. Put each of the following words and phrases into its correct place in the
bigamy countries fine misdemeanor prison
civil crimes forgery offences state
classes criminal law laws penalty term
community felony life imprisonment person treason
Crime violates the laws of a community, _______or nation. It is punishable in
accordance with these________. The definition of crime varies according to time
and place, but the laws of most _________consider as crimes such ______as arson,
________, burglary, ________, murder, and_________.
Not all offences against the law are________. The laws that set down the
punishments for crimes form the________. This law defines as crimes those
offences considered most harmful to the_______. On the other hand, a
_______may wrong someone else in some other way that offends the _______law.
The common law recognizes three _______of crimes: treason, _______, and
Death or _____is the usual ________for treason. Laws in the United States, for
example, define a felony as a crime that is punishable by a _______of one year or
more in a state or federal ______A person who commits a ______may be punished
by a _______or a jail term of less than one year.
Match the criminal with the definition.
1. an arsonist -
2. an assassin -
3. a deserter -
4. an embezzler -
5. a forger -
6. a fraud or con man -
7. a hooligan -
8. a mugger -
9. a poacher -
10. a racketeer -
11. a smuggler -
12. a terrorist -
a) tries to enforce his political demands by carrying
out or threatening acts of violence
b) pretends or claims to be what he is not
c) makes money by dishonest business methods, e.g.
by selling worthless goods
d) steals from his own company
e) attacks and robs people especially in public places
f) sets fire to property
g) kills for political reasons or reward
h) brings goods into one country from another
i) hunts illegally on somebody else's land
j) makes false money or documents
k) a soldier who leaves the armed forces without
l) causes damage or disturbance in public places
POLICE. Choose the right answer.
1. The policeman asked the suspect to make a(n) ....... .
2. The unruly ....... was broken up by the police.
3. Prince Andrew was found dead in his palace this morning. The police have .......
any suggestion of foul play.
4. The chief of police said that he saw no ....... between the four murders.
5. The detective stood ....... behind the door waiting for the assailant.
6. The police arrested the wrong man mainly because they ....... the names they had
been given by the witness.
7. The police ....... off the street where the bomb had gone off.
8. The police set a ....... to catch the thieves.
9. The police asked if I thought I could ....... the man who stole my car if I looked
at some photos.
10. The policeman was ....... when he saw a light in the office.
11. The inspector was a very ....... man and he rechecked the evidence several
12. The police who were ....... the crime could find no clues at all.
13. We promise not to reveal your ....... if you tell us who the murderer is.
14. The police are ....... the town for the stolen car.
15. The police have not yet found a possible ....... for the murder.
16. The police ....... their attention to the events that led up to the accident.
17. As he was caught in ....... of a gun, he was immediately a suspect.
18. As the result of the police ....... on the disco, ten people were arrested.
19. I was informed by the police constable that he would be forced to take me into
20. It is the responsibility of the police to ....... the law, not to take it into their own
21. After the accident the policeman asked if there had been any ....... .
22. The police were ....... in their examination of the murder site.
23. The police made sure everyone stood well ....... of the fire.
24. Why don't the police take ....... measures against crime?
If you commit a crime you may be:
sent to prison
Put these actions in the correct order.